Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Two day (3 set) Fat Kat scores for August 13, 2017  (Read 1914 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
Two day (3 set) Fat Kat scores for August 13, 2017
« on: August 13, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »
I had to add a .001 run to everyone for the 4th set to make this work.

Scores for Saturday and Sunday combined, with your challenge runs shown as fun runs:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGcWFaRFZkZnZTX2c
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Wayne Dyck

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • "If You Wait, All That Happens is You Get Older"
    • View Profile
Re: Two day (3 set) Fat Kat scores for August 13, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »
Well folks... it's a wrap... the 'FAT KAT' Challenge for 2017

Consistency was the order of the day, if you wanted to advance in the challenge rounds

Group #1  Greg (#120) was into the Final 3 beating Shane (#73) by a slim 0.135 sec
                 Greg did have a bit of luck fall his way in round 3 when Duane (#4) also coned his run

Group #2  Ryan (#42) showing us, no matter which BStreet car he drives, he's consistent

Group #3  Quentin (#93), hopping in to which ever BStreet car Ryan provided him, was another model of consistency

FINAL 3 Shoot Out
Ryan coned his run away, although it would not have been good enough to win, it would have moved him into 2nd place. For this he took home $100... not quite enough to cover his tire wear bill this weekend.
Quentin slowed down by a full second in his final shoot out run, relegating him to 2nd place, but taking home $300 for his efforts today.
And then there's Greg Piasta, a newbie to this solo sport of ours, taking home 1st place prize money of $600.

Congratulations Greg!! Good driving today. I have no doubt you're hooked.
#180 DS
"For the money, for the glory, for the fun... but mostly for the fun."

Robp201

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 07:10:06 PM »
What a fun weekend forsure!!!
Greg or I both were not sure how it worked so I told him to just keep doing the same thing lol. Guess it paid off.
Huge thanks to EVERYONE who made this event possibile even greg said if he didn't win he loved the course and was great to get behind the wheel again.

My dad got more runs then he bargained for as a passenger they stopped by after camping to see what Greg did lol (kept the same weight in the car)

Again huge thanks to Overtime Rentals for sponsoring the challenge!

FrozenMarzBar3

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 07:48:54 PM »
Well this looked like no fun at all! ::)
/sarcasam
Cole M.

xr7bill

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:16:15 PM »
big thanks to all involved (sponsors, club members and fellow competitors etc) for making this happen. Congrats to the 3 finalists today. Had a great time. Many thanks.

Bill

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 09:49:17 PM »
I second that , Bill!  Big thanks to the volunteers who come out the day before to help carry cones and equipment and then setup and tear down before the event (Friday evening ... so you can walk the course first thing Saturday morning) and stacking cones Sunday afternoon as well as returning the equipment to the storage.

It takes a small army of volunteers to put on these events.  And well before the event is all the planning and organization that goes on that is invisible to many I am sure and most particularly Wayne D. for taking the bull by the horns and making this format of event happen here.  I can't speak for others but I think generally people had a great time so that is good!

And, of course, we have our "Overtime" sponsors putting in money for the cash prizes:  Excellent!  Thank you!

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 10:54:15 PM »
Just finished uploading the rest of the photos onto the SASC Facebook Page from Saturday and Sunday that I took ... misc. pit area ones, meetings, and cars from one group (because it is difficult to take any photos when one is running).

R

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 10:23:53 AM »
One of the most exciting afternoons I've had racing.  Thanks to everyone for the chance to run in an event like this.
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

Myz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »
One of the most exciting afternoons I've had racing.  Thanks to everyone for the chance to run in an event like this.

Thats mighty big of you considering you got your ass kicked by a 16yr old :P
If you're quicker than your previous run, you're already a winner.
Apex Detailing|Golf 7R|Excalibur Performance

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 12:42:29 PM »

+1. 

Beyond the challenge portion... I actually quite enjoyed running on the same course all weekend.  Although I only found a little more than an extra tenth after the first session of runs, I did appreciate the opportunity to shift and adjust my driving slightly to find more consistency.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 17
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14