Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:13:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

74 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Mark, from Saskatoon  (Read 1752 times)

MarkD

• Not Quite DFL...
    • View Profile
Mark, from Saskatoon
« on: April 29, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »
Sooo, theres been no autocross in Saskatoon since 2015.  Glad I at least worked up the courage to go to what was Sask Place, in its last year as a venue for us (2013).   I've been to about 15 or so events in Saskatoon, but have never been to a driving school.  QCMA got me a fix last year at 3Flags in Lumsden, near Regina.

I'm hoping I can get myself into the SoloPro school your group is hosting, and go to at least the May 5/6 and  Aug 25/26 events.

I know I already missed MacLeod.  By the time my gut was ready for the full crazy, work said too little notice for time off.  Practice would have been more valuable to me than an event.

I've seen the motorsportsreg.com registration process, making a list of stuff to bring.   Next awkwardness is SSCC membership or SASC membership... one will let me pick a car number I can get good at doing with green painters tape.
2004 Miata   //   E Street

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: Mark, from Saskatoon
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 08:44:12 AM »
Sooo, theres been no autocross in Saskatoon since 2015.  Glad I at least worked up the courage to go to what was Sask Place, in its last year as a venue for us (2013).   I've been to about 15 or so events in Saskatoon, but have never been to a driving school.  QCMA got me a fix last year at 3Flags in Lumsden, near Regina.

I'm hoping I can get myself into the SoloPro school your group is hosting, and go to at least the May 5/6 and  Aug 25/26 events.

I know I already missed MacLeod.  By the time my gut was ready for the full crazy, work said too little notice for time off.  Practice would have been more valuable to me than an event.

I've seen the motorsportsreg.com registration process, making a list of stuff to bring.   Next awkwardness is SSCC membership or SASC membership... one will let me pick a car number I can get good at doing with green painters tape.

Hey Mark!  Be great to have you competing with us!

If you get a permanent number I recommend getting magnetics made up - relatively cheap and you don't have to muss with painter's tape all the time.   Just make the numbers (8" high, 1.25" stroke) and class letters (4" high and 1" stroke I believe) in a contrasting colour to your car so they are easy to read by corner workers, timing etc.

If you are coming for May 5/6, next weekend, that is a good idea and it should be a good event.  I'm thinking of doing it like a 2-day Tour event.  Maybe we can call it the Calgary Tour!   :)

As for SoloPro, I'm sorry I'm way behind this spring with a sudden onslaught of work and then taking some down time due to my allergic reactions lately ... long story I won't get into here.  But look for news shortly.

So, Saskatoon is still without a venue?  I'm sorry to hear of that.  I heard a few years back that some events were run at a mall near Sask Place or something.

Anyway, let's talk when you get here.  I'll PM you contact info, cell no. etc.

Regards,

Reijo, SASC Solo Director.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11457
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0