Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:57:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

78 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: RASE Schools this weekend at FM  (Read 1153 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
RASE Schools this weekend at FM
« on: June 18, 2019, 05:57:31 PM »
Hi all,

I'm trying to put together C1 and C2 RASE schools for this weekend and need to gage interest to see if we have enough interest.

C1 is the introductory school going over basics but I will be enhancing this one so it is of value to anyone of any experience.  These schools, of course, are meant to bring us/anyone up to an International calibre of competitor!  (Yes, you can be a raw beginner or seasoned expert .... we will teach at your level).

Saturday is the SASC event and Sunday is the LSCC event so these will be run at the west end of the runway coordinating with both clubs.

There will be similarities to past events of such calibre but I have some new ideas I want to incorporate for course design and teaching tactics.  I think it will be good - always improving.   :)

Let me know if you are interested via PM or email:    raseinc.calgary (at) gmail (dot) com

Cost is estimated at $300 per day.

Thanks,

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: RASE Schools this weekend at FM
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 12:35:00 PM »
Would it help if I included runs on the autox course so your points for the club championship would count?  Cam and Murray had inquired about this and I have an interesting exercise that we can work in using that.   :)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 12:39:00 PM »
Incidentally, for the school course design I started with my favourite novice school design that I have been using with minor modifications since 2012.  However, this time I finally got a brainstorm on how to modify it for some better effects so I modified it extensively for some interesting more advanced exercises including something interesting I discovered about slaloms last year.  The original "novice" course wasn't exactly a novice course and was a bit difficult to see at the west end with the sweepers but once that was figured out it was good.  It was actually quite difficult to get "right" so it was really an "advanced" course so that characteristic will carry over. 

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 03:05:40 PM »
Due to lack of entries, the schools are not going to happen.  Cancelled.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11457
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78