Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 11:02:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

71 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SASC Social Media Accounts  (Read 251 times)

Cagare

• Administrator
  • :|
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
SASC Social Media Accounts
« on: June 27, 2018, 11:56:14 AM »
TLDR version: We have two new social media accounts, Instagram and a Facebook page, the facebook page is a different thing from the group we have, and I am currently managing them

Many of you have noticed that two social media accounts were setup this week in the SASC name on Instagram and Facebook. It had been discussed in past meetings about having a social media presence, and I had asked at the last meeting and got assigned with the job (just for asking). The goal of the social media accounts is to raise awareness of the club, and increase interest and participation in our events.

I felt that Instagram and Facebook were the preferred social media accounts because our sport is very visual and will focus heavily on photos and videos.

It you search @SASCsolo on facebook you will find the page and on instagram we are sasc_solo

The Instagram account is fairly straight forward, with daily posts (if I can keep generating content on past and current photos). While the facebook page I imagine can be a bit confusing since we currently have a facebook group.

Facebook groups are meant group discussion, much like this forum. Facebook pages are about outward facing advertising which includes news organizations, businesses, clubs and not-for-profit organizations such as ours. With the Facebook page the administrator is the only person that can create content, but can allow any to like or comment on that content. This is very similar to news sites many of us subscribe to. The facebook page will mainly be for cross posting of instagram photos, but may have it's own content. The really nice feature of the facebook page is that I get analytics on visitors, engagement, who clicks links, etc. It is really helpful to know what kind of reach the page is getting. Also, in the future if we want to do targeted advertising (sponsored), like you all have seen, we can with that page at a fairly low cost.

The strategy for the time being is to grow a following first with interesting local content. I have started to follow US SCCA clubs and they seem to only have 100-300 followers per club. Obviously larger groups like the SCCA have around 15k. With that kind of following, advertising of events, especially the special events will be really effective. With a large following our advertising is free.

In addition I imagine doing a few short live feeds on both facebook and instagram for things like driver's meetings, small snippets of events, and other things like that.  Live feeds and other things like that will be more effective when we have a larger following. It's tough for me to post too much during events with how busy it is, but I think it is an effective way of engaging people.

I am really wide open to any suggestions on content, hashtags I should be using, live content ideas. Anything at all really!

Any questions post them up here, or send me a separate message.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
Re: SASC Social Media Accounts
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »
You are allowed to use any photos or videos that I post -- I am not concerned about ownership here.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »
Awesome, thank you for putting all of this together Adam, very excited to see what sort of reach we can get.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Midnightsky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »
Are you wanting invites on Facebook for this new SASC account to other car groups? Tuner groups and such.  That would be a good start, allows for promotion of events the week before as many don't decide until last minute.
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 10:50:28 AM »
I should not need any invites.  Just advertising on the page.

What I would ask is that if members are taking photos and posting to social media you can tag @sasc_solo on instagram.

I would also encourage the use of #sascsolo for all your posts relating to our events. That way it is searchable for anyone looking for our content and connects club content.  I would encourage using other hashtags also that you see in our Instagram posts, the most popular one I have seen with SCCA clubs is #funwithcars

Any sharing on content on Facebook is also helpful when appropriate also.

I am going to try to stay consistent with tripod Tuesday posting photos of cars lifting tires. So any shots you get of cars lifting tires will be helpful, but for now I have 4 weeks of content.

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 12:44:18 PM »
I am going to try to stay consistent with tripod Tuesday posting photos of cars lifting tires. So any shots you get of cars lifting tires will be helpful, but for now I have 4 weeks of content.

I have some. How do you want them provided to you?
Stephen Hui

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 02:47:30 PM »

I have some. How do you want them provided to you?

If you have them online I am good with downloading them from source, whether that is Flickr, Facebook or Shutterfly. you can also email them to me at sascsolomedia at gmail

You can post the link here, pm me or email me the link

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 09:12:26 AM »
What would also be helpful is if anyone on here could invite others to like the Facebook page. This could mean that you just get our current members to like the page or those that come participate. Or get all your friends to like the page.

Either way we want to have more Facebook page likes and followers. If we do that then our content will show up not only in their feeds but also their friends’ feeds

You may notice on your feed that you get things showing up that your friends like, such as pages. This is extremely helpful in advertising our events.

It is so much easier to get followers on Instagram when compared to Facebook by the way.

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 10:11:06 AM »
If people wouldn't mind tagging any autocross content on their social media (Facebook and Instagram) with @Sascsolo that would be very much appreciated.

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/SASCSolo/
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11459
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 419