Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:42:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: PAX  (Read 11168 times)

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
Re: PAX
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 06:43:30 PM »
I don't think there is a single car in any street prepared, prepared or modified class that is fully prepared to the class it's in per the rule book, that comes out to our events.

Probably not many (or any) in Street or Street Touring either.

Keep in mind that a lightly prepared Street class car is usually a lot closer to a fully prepared car than is the case in higher classes. That's because there's only a small number of things you can do to your car in Street; most cars are most of the way there with just sticky tires, a sway bar, and an alignment.
Stephen Hui

Stuart

• That cone is still in the box!
  • Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 07:10:57 PM »
Keep in mind that a lightly prepared Street class car is usually a lot closer to a fully prepared car than is the case in higher classes. That's because there's only a small number of things you can do to your car in Street; most cars are most of the way there with just sticky tires, a sway bar, and an alignment.

That's very true, I was just pointing out that there are very few people running at the very ragged edge of those class rules.  I do agree that in the Mod and Prepped classes an under prepared car more rapidly deviates from the ones that PAX is based upon.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 07:50:05 PM »

That's very true, I was just pointing out that there are very few people running at the very ragged edge of those class rules.  I do agree that in the Mod and Prepped classes an under prepared car more rapidly deviates from the ones that PAX is based upon.

Adding Murray's comment that the top 10% in the club are much more close in PAX than before is surely evidence that the driving level in the club has elevated significantly in the past several years!  I'm glad to see that!  :)

And, of course, with that improvement in driving comes an increasing importance of having a fully prepared car.  The car starts to be more of a factor when the driving is more or less equal.

And, the weather?  Typically FWD and AWD vehicles just do better in wet conditions ... a fact of life.  However there are still people who are very good in the wet ...  e.g. Michael Schumacher was one of those even at the  level of F1.

R

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 10:43:13 PM »
Great point
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

Recent