Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Fort Macleod Venue  (Read 112 times)

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Fort Macleod Venue
« on: September 28, 2016, 09:27:17 AM »
Monday evening, 26-Sept, Wayne and myself spoke to the Fort Macleod council. Basically it was a thank you for allowing us the privilege to use the Fort Macleod airport for the 2016 SASC season events.

•Thank you for allowing the SASC the privilege to use the airport venue for our 2016 events. 12 successful event days this year, over 100 different participants from across western Canada, in excess of 360 participants over the 6 weekend events.
•The SASC implemented measures in 2016 to address previous concerns. 10:00 am start times at all events, 93 db sound limit on participant vehicles, port-a-potties, and zero tolerance to off site stunting, speeding, general bad behavior in and around the town. Sue (Chief Administrative Officer) commented that there were zero complaints this year to our activities. Nice to hear.
•And in closing we invited all council to come out, see what we’re all about, this Saturday at our Fort Macleod Appreciation event. An ad has been placed in tomorrow’s Macleod Gazette inviting public at large as well.

All in all, we were well received, as such the venue is tentatively secured for next year, good work everyone. We need to continue to be outstanding users of the airport.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Macleod Venue
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:44:58 AM »
Thanks for doing that, gentlemen!

We need venues .... and don't need to lose any!

R

Mkelder

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 10:29:46 AM »
As a new and late last year arrival to the club I am encouraged to see just how well the executives and other volunteers of the club have made a considerable effort in maintaining and improving the public outlook of our little Motorsport. Throughout the world over, Motorsports in general have a hard time being tolerated to those who do not partake.

Thank you all for putting so much more extra time to make SASC successful and thank you to all participants who respect the rules and give our club the best opportunity for future success.

nnywg

• :|
  • My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 10:38:51 AM »
High Five guys!
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

Midnightsky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:48:31 AM »
zero complaints, that is simply amazing, I never thought that was possible at Fort Mcleod.  Awesome work guys, here's to hoping things are better for me next year and i can come out and enjoy the airstrip again, in something rwd?  ;)
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

Terry Johns

• "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 12:27:44 PM »
Well done to all who have made this a great club. A special thanks to Wayne & Tom for taking the time and making the effort to speak to the FM council.

Well done everyone.
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11459
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online