Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:54:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

171 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2021 Executive Positions and Beyond  (Read 95 times)

Cagare

• Administrator
  • :|
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
2021 Executive Positions and Beyond
« on: July 15, 2020, 09:48:29 PM »
The club wanted to get this message out early this year. A few current members of the executive, including myself, are likely stepping down from our positions in 2021. I personally would like to continue to support the club by being an event steward, doing course designs, and even stepping into a different steward role.

I can't speak for the others, but they can note their intentions in this thread.

We are making some changes, we are likely moving 100% to online meetings to allow those that do not live close are able to join in. We are open to other changes in how we run things to make it easier for people to volunteer their time. We have moved all of our files onto the cloud, and want to move further in that direction in the future.

All current SASC Executives (President, Director, Secretary & Treasurer) will resign their current positions effective December 31st, 2020. We ask for nominations for the new candidates on our forum (self-nominations or nominations of others). Should more than one person be interested in a particular executive position an online vote will be held in November, prior to the AGM.

Executive nomination requirements
- Nominees must be a full member in good standing for a minimum of 12 months
- Self nomination will be allowed
- People may only be nominated (self-nomination or nominations by others) for one executive position
- Nominations close 21 days prior to the AGM (TBD)
- Nominees must post on 'Members Only' forum section their experience / qualifications, along with their enthusiasm for betterment of the club, in conjunction with their nomination. No qualifying post, the nomination is void. Allows for other members to consider their votes for their preferred nominee prior to AGM.
- Current executives are also able to be nominated and re-elected for 2020

Membership voting
- Full member in good standing for a minimum of 6 months prior to AGM (as per bylaws).

Nomination pages for each position will come available closer to the end of the season. You can view last year's thread on detailed descriptions of each position.

In addition we need to find people to fill steward roles, they are:
Tech Steward
Sound/Equipment Steward
Novice Steward
Workers Steward
Registration / Waivers Steward
Sponsorship Steward

Cagare

• Administrator
  • :|
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Executive Positions and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 09:50:51 PM »
We can have a general discussion in this thread about these positions or anything else relating to club organization.

My hope is that we get to a point where the executive can focus on the future of the club. It feels as though we have been treading water these past few years, keeping things going and the executive. The capability exists within our membership to have a different person(s) run each of our current events without a lot of involvement from Executive. It would be good for the future executive to spend more time lobbying some Municipalities for either existing or future venues, having more time to chase down new ideas for sponsorships, or even executing new event ideas, and the big goal of continuing to attract new people to our club.

There are some jobs, such as acting as the registrar for MSREG that can only fall to one person, as it is difficult to manage many people on there. Aside from those types of roles there is a lot of flexibility in our event roles.

I said it above, I plan to steward a few events next year and step into another role to continue to help.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11466
  • Total Topics: 1573
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 171
Total: 171