Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Eleven Points Logistics  (Read 146 times)

zero10

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Eleven Points Logistics
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:48:39 PM »
Facility address: 260199 High Plains Blvd, Range Rd 291, Balzac, AB T4A 0P9
Physical Attributes:  Rectangular lot 325m x 160m
Number of cars supported: LOTS!! 200?
Cost: Unknown
Site Concerns:
  • Mixed surface:  The road surface alternates between concrete and asphalt.  This could pose some challenges
  • Lack of facilities: The building would be locked on the weekend and we would need to provide a washroom for people attending our event
Contact Person: Unknown (Sobeys currently owns the facility)
Current Status: Unknown
Primary Objection:  Lack of clear ownership or responsibility for the property
Recommended Action:
  • Locate Owner / responsible party
    • Attend site on a weekday during business hours.  Speaking with on-site security on a weekend they said that people were in the office on weekdays and somebody there could tell us more about whether it would be available to rent
    • Contact Sobeys: Perhaps somebody in the admin / property arm of their business could tell us more?

History:
This site was originally constructed for Target's Canada branch - we all know how that turned out.
I tried reaching out to the bankruptcy trustee and was met with no response at all every time.

Some time later I swung by the site and spoke with a security guard on site (unfortunately on a Sunday since I was already in the area) and he mentioned that there was generally office staff in the building on weekdays who I could speak to about renting the facility.  He confirmed Sobeys had bought the facility and was looking to put it to use in the near future but did not know a timeline for this.  I tried visiting the front gate even though it was Sunday and it was locked, nobody came outside although there were a couple cars in the parking lot
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

nnywg

• :|
  • My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
Re: Eleven Points Logistics
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 01:50:44 PM »
Just a tangent note for this location:  Sobey's is moving in to this location - and closing their existing in Calgary.  To the best of my knowledge, their existing is at 7704 30 St SE, Calgary, but is not a suitable lot.  Credit to NickST for the idea to check their old location.
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

zero10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:15:47 PM »
Just a tangent note for this location:  Sobey's is moving in to this location - and closing their existing in Calgary.  To the best of my knowledge, their existing is at 7704 30 St SE, Calgary, but is not a suitable lot.  Credit to NickST for the idea to check their old location.

Thanks for the update - and that was a great idea to check their old location :D

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 08:37:27 PM »
Just thinking out loud... I wonder if they plan to use that entire lot. I mean, that is massive, and if their old place doesn't have that much parking/truck storage, I think it is safe to say that their new place wouldn't need that much either. It might all be about the building for them and they could care less about the huge lot.

zero10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 08:56:05 PM »
Interesting point! 

Please refrain from contacting this facility for now.  I just got another email from Gary and it sounds like Corvettes Unlimited has already contacted them and is waiting for an answer in the next couple days.

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 09:30:30 PM »
Oh that is great news!

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11459