Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:34:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

74 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Spruce Meadows  (Read 121 times)

zero10

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Spruce Meadows
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:55:21 PM »
Facility address: 18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW RR 9 LCD 8, Calgary, AB T2J 5G5
Physical Attributes: 2 lots
  • Lot 1: 110m x 110m
  • Lot 2: 160m x 60m
Number of cars supported: 100?
Cost: Rumoured to be $3500/day
Site Concerns:
  • Horses: I've been told people stable their horses here and car noise might upset them
Contact Person: Unknown
Current Status: Negative
Primary Objection:  No contact person or clear avenue to book the facility
Recommended Action:
  • Locate Owner / responsible party
    • We need a sympathetic person at Spruce Meadows to make initial contact with.  It seems probable that reaching out to them directly will be met with resistance, although in the absence of a known sympathizer we should try this

History:
I have had this site recommended to me by several people.  The cost seems almost prohibitively high (I suspect it would be $100/person to hold an event here) and a couple people have mentioned that Spruce Meadows may have an agreement with Chevrolet and/or Mercedes-Benz and that might complicate their ability to book the facility for a motorsport event.  We need to find a way to make them want to rent the facility to us before we will have any luck here.  Ideas??

Spruce Meadows has 2 lots that look very well suites for our needs.  I think the south lot (the nearly square one) would be the best although perhaps we could rent both lots at different times to mix things up.  This also looks like an excellent location to hold a school or educational event.
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Re: Spruce Meadows
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 12:02:27 PM »
I did reach out to the lady who organizes facility rentals at Spruce Meadows on February 23rd, 2016. Her immediate reaction was to reiterate that Spruce Meadows has partnerships with Mercedes-Benz and Chrysler. However, I explained to her this is a sport and not any sort of a marketing event. She agreed to look into our club (I shared this forum website with her) and discuss with management. She took down my contact info and said she would get back to me. As such I think that until I hear back we should avoid anyone else also trying to inquire about this venue.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 12:05:41 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly that contact with potential venues needs to be coordinated.
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

zero10

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 02:06:54 PM »
Well now I'm extra glad that I posted this here!  Thanks for the information - hopefully we can get them on our side!
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11459
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 74