Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:09:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Inter Club Meeting  (Read 9500 times)

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
Inter Club Meeting
« on: March 06, 2016, 07:32:48 AM »
A week ago I suggested an urgent meeting of representatives from the 3 clubs, RDSCC, CSCC, SASC, to discuss how lots are found and how effective PR is done to ensure that the lots we have we keep. Is this being actioned.  :) or was it not thought necessary.
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

zero10

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: Inter Club Meeting
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:09:53 PM »
I don't see how anybody could feel it's not necessary.  Even if the decision in Fort MacLeod is a positive one we can't complacently sit by and let things carry on as they are.  I've rounded up one person from our club already who wants to help and am working on finding another.  I'm obviously in as well, it sounded like the WCMA was interested in helping us from an advisory standpoint.

I'm not yet sure about the RDSCC, from their perspective I am worried they might be in a position where they are comfortable and might not want to invest the time or effort on this, how can we best introduce this idea to them to give us the best chance of getting everybody working together?  Did you want to approach them or should I?

I also feel out of date on any initiatives that may be taking place to help improve the SASCs odds at Fort MacLeod, are you guys busy with that?  Would you prefer to wait until after March 14?
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 06:52:03 AM »
Its not really my place to organize this meeting, I'm not part of the SASC Executive or the WCMA, so I will leave the wisdom of whether or not my suggestion is workable to others. What I do know is that we must be pro-active, for way to long most Car Clubs have not been run based around  team leadership but a few doing most of the work, due in most cases because of the one man band mentality and a lack of skills in empowering & motivating people. Just because a person is a good driver & has free time DOESN'T necessarily  make them a strategic leader.

In trying to address your question regarding the RDSCC, I believe that Reijo has a connection with the RDSCC Chairman Jerry, so as I said I'm not on the SASC Executive so I will follow the lead, if I'm asked I'm happy to play a role.

What I do know is that the laid back, crisis management leadership style that cripples most clubs CANT be a part of what we are seeking to do. We need ACTION.

Regarding your comments on the FM lot, I'm not sure that there is any update, Reijo is usually pretty good and keeping us informed as and when things change.

As previously said I know Jerry at the RDSCC well, he's a great guy , very laid back and cant see him having any problem with being part of a strategy group. You mentioned that the RDSCC may feel they are comfortable with their present situation and not be motivated to participate, I believe Jerry will be only to pleased to follow the lead which I hope is initiated by the WCMA.

What's happening Jim ?

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 04:28:45 PM »
I'd be more than happy to participate in a venue meeting with the CSCC and RDSCC and maybe LSCC?

Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 04:56:45 PM »
I offered to facilitate a conference call, thinking perhaps representatives from Edm, RD, CGY could all benefit. Seemed like there was a preference for an in-person meeting in Calgary at the CSCC clubhouse. My offer is still open. WCMA won't be involved in booking sites directly, but we're 100% behind helping the clubs to maximize the use of the available venues.

As I think it through, such a meeting might also be a better way to organize the events in the Regional series as well. Usually, it's a lot of back and forth emails with each club's leaders to determine suitable dates.

Terry, what are you thinking the agenda for an inter-club meeting would be like? What topics specifically would you like to see addressed?
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 08:26:27 PM »
Hi Jim

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

I have banged the drum many times about pro-active leadership. In my opinion this meeting needs to be initiated by the WCMA, as it has no agenda, other than to serve the local clubs. Yes, there's always going to be people who feel threatened, that's their problem.

I suggest that you write a letter/email to the 3 clubs Solo Directors/Chairman suggesting that a meeting be arranged to discuss the issue of finding & keeping lots. I suggest that once 3 people from each club have been chosen that each person be asked to contribute to the agenda. You chair the meeting.

My suggestions for the agenda would be

1. PR. How do we do it.
2. Being proactive in keeping local residence sweet, inviting them to events, asking suggestions from them about how we can improve our presence
3. The possibility of setting up a provincial lot team

None of this is rocket science all it requires is LEADERSHIP, not to be confused with people who have the leaders badge, but aren't leaders.

Terry

MichyMuck

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 10:37:18 PM »
Just an FYI for everyone concerned about our venue challenges.

The RDSCC just published 14 events on their calendar for this year and they are all at Westerner. No Crossroads and No Harvard Park. The situation does indeed look very frustrating.

Steve

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 06:52:29 AM »
Any explanation as to why the Crossroads lot is not being used  ???

I will call Jerry this morning and see if I can find out why. If as I suspect its due to noise issues from local residence I will be fu..ink livid, as I made it crystal clear on numerous occasions to the RDSCC Executive that the surrounding area needed to be PR'd

Watch this space.

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 07:09:13 AM »
Harvard Park has been lost as its been rented to a Flying School.  >:(

MichyMuck

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 07:53:50 AM »
No explanations on Crossroads Terry, I will be attending their AGM on the 17th because I'm getting quite concerned that this year could pose even more issues as we all try to take advantage of the times at Westerner. Bigger Crowds potentially Bigger Issues!

I am all for a more rigid structure/conditions if it helps us keep these venues and the neighbors happy.

Steve

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 08:10:53 AM »
As I have said many times over the years, we need to be asking the local residence "how we can improve our presence. Maybe have an annual inter club "Residence Appreciation Day"

Get a dozen cars or so invite the local residence give them some fun rides, free hot dogs, pop, burgers. We need to start getting the public on our side instead of viewing them as the enemy.

Many of you may not know this but I spent over 20 years Road Rallying in the UK, full blown competitive events on public roads run between midnight and 5am. Most events were 100 miles competitive, every house on the route and every house with 1000 yards have to be personal visited and the residence needed to sign a declaration that they had no objection. One refusal and that area needed either a re route or be changed into a non competitive section.

I took an army of people, VERY pro active leadership and often 2 years to organise.  :'(

The problems we have can be fixed but they will require a different approach

teamkickinassphalt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 11:08:25 AM »
When I spoke to Jerry about it he had said he was having issues contacting the staff of Crossroads church, it isn't because of anything that went wrong as far as I know.
James:
The Pylon Whisperer

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »
As I have said many times over the years, we need to be asking the local residence "how we can improve our presence. Maybe have an annual inter club "Residence Appreciation Day"

Get a dozen cars or so invite the local residence give them some fun rides, free hot dogs, pop, burgers. We need to start getting the public on our side instead of viewing them as the enemy.

Many of you may not know this but I spent over 20 years Road Rallying in the UK, full blown competitive events on public roads run between midnight and 5am. Most events were 100 miles competitive, every house on the route and every house with 1000 yards have to be personal visited and the residence needed to sign a declaration that they had no objection. One refusal and that area needed either a re route or be changed into a non competitive section.

I took an army of people, VERY pro active leadership and often 2 years to organise.  :'(

Very interesting to hear Terry.  Your idea of a community appreciation day sounds like fun to me, and I think that it would be well worth the investment in time and dollars. 

nnywg

• My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 01:52:02 PM »
Insurance would be a mess for ride-alongs for the general public IMO.  But I still think it's a good idea.
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 03:35:05 PM »
Insurance would be a mess for ride-alongs for the general public IMO.  But I still think it's a good idea.

Not as tough as you'd think, so long as they sign the waiver.  As it is there are usually ride alongs given to a number of non-competitors at every event.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11458
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 69
Total: 70