Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:43:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

37 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: What Are Your Plans for Autocross in 2016?  (Read 10966 times)

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
Re: What Are Your Plans for Autocross in 2016?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 10:35:46 AM »
Not sure how much travelling I will do this year, will likely go to Packwood, hopefully Vancouver as well, maybe Lincoln in the fall.  The way our dollar is going is making it harder to go south...
tell me about it, I have been holding off on getting new tires hoping it would come up a bit. This is going to add hundreds to my costs this year

Stuart

• That cone is still in the box!
  • Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 10:41:23 AM »
tell me about it, I have been holding off on getting new tires hoping it would come up a bit. This is going to add hundreds to my costs this year
It would be nice if the weak dollar was only adding hundreds to the racing budget, sadly I think that 5-7 sets of tires will end up hitting the pocket a bit more this time around.

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 02:15:30 PM »
It would be nice if the weak dollar was only adding hundreds to the racing budget, sadly I think that 5-7 sets of tires will end up hitting the pocket a bit more this time around.
Yeah, that hurts!

I need 2 sets of tires and I was planning on a new set of lightweight rims... the dollar probably adds around 1K to my cost

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 11:33:04 PM »
Well... for better or worse, I've launch my mini-series on a public channel

https://youtu.be/EUNagMxRCR0

Yes, I know it isn't that technical... at all, haha. I wanted to just give a quick overview of autocross to people who are not familiar with it.

It was surprisingly hard to do. You always see people on Youtube and they are so casual about it... I did probably 200 takes, it was like as soon as I was plunked in front of a camera my mind went to jelly or something.

I guess the good news is that my next video is going to be an overview of my Fiesta for 2016, and the one after that will be some of the modifications and new parts that are going on it. I think it will be easier to do than the intro video because there won't be as much face time with the camera.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I plan to have fun with it this year, so it should be kind of interesting to follow!

Tuna

• 2020 Member
  • KG not kg
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 06:54:45 PM »
Yeah, that hurts!

I need 2 sets of tires and I was planning on a new set of lightweight rims... the dollar probably adds around 1K to my cost
Let me know if you're selling any old stuff...

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 09:11:49 PM »
What are you looking for?

I do have one set of Re71's with a little life left, but the plan was to burn them off on practice/school days. The only other thing I might have in a month or two is some rear dampers and the OEM catback exhaust.

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 06:41:16 AM »
Thankfully the local club here in SW Ontario has found a new venue after losing their old venue last year.  Plus it is only a 50 minute drive as opposed to 1.5 hours. So, 8 event series here.

Will try to also get to 1-2 US events, I am a 3 hour drive from Akron, 2 hours from Toledo.  The US$ is killing me though.

I will be racing my 07 S2000 next year.  Plan to pick up a karcepts front sway bar when I am in the states next month.  Looking at a set of OZ Alleggeritas and with a 245/255 staggered tire setup, likely RE-71Rs.

nnywg

• My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 10:27:09 AM »
Well... for better or worse, I've launch my mini-series on a public channel

https://youtu.be/EUNagMxRCR0

Yes, I know it isn't that technical... at all, haha. I wanted to just give a quick overview of autocross to people who are not familiar with it.

It was surprisingly hard to do. You always see people on Youtube and they are so casual about it... I did probably 200 takes, it was like as soon as I was plunked in front of a camera my mind went to jelly or something.

I guess the good news is that my next video is going to be an overview of my Fiesta for 2016, and the one after that will be some of the modifications and new parts that are going on it. I think it will be easier to do than the intro video because there won't be as much face time with the camera.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I plan to have fun with it this year, so it should be kind of interesting to follow!

Subscribed.  That Dub'd Escalade was on rails man.
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 12:25:50 PM »
haha, I was so stoked when I found that to use. I had a little hot wheels BMW 2002 to use intially, but the scale of the cones was just too big and it was hard to see on camera.... dug that slammed beauty with spinners up out of my relic box in the basement!

I think I am going to do a "Top PAX cars for 2016 video", and select the top 3 cars for each class using a spreadsheet from the national events.

I also wouldn't mind to do a narrated anylsis of a run with somebody, I have a wizzy stereo microphone so one person would be talking out of the left speaker, while the other would be coming out of the right... I think it would be a neat effect.

James@SpecR

• WTB: Driving Skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »
haha, I was so stoked when I found that to use. I had a little hot wheels BMW 2002 to use intially, but the scale of the cones was just too big and it was hard to see on camera.... dug that slammed beauty with spinners up out of my relic box in the basement!

I think I am going to do a "Top PAX cars for 2016 video", and select the top 3 cars for each class using a spreadsheet from the national events.

I also wouldn't mind to do a narrated anylsis of a run with somebody, I have a wizzy stereo microphone so one person would be talking out of the left speaker, while the other would be coming out of the right... I think it would be a neat effect.

Instead of racing this year, you should uh focus on your Youtube stuff  ;)

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 01:17:47 PM »
As you know.... I don't like to Focus, I like to Fiesta!  ;D

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11455
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0