Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:41:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

39 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: 2019 Mazda Miata ND2  (Read 3089 times)

Cagare

• Administrator
  • :|
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
2019 Mazda Miata ND2
« on: August 17, 2018, 10:27:56 AM »
Thought I would start a separate thread for this.

I called Sunridge Mazda to arrange a test drive on the 2019 ND2. I was told they don’t expect to stock them for 3 months. Not many answers beyond that, but I suspect they don’t want to take them in stock at the end of the convertible season likely.

I am going to check with a few other dealers in town.

Midnightsky

• View Profile
Re: 2019 Mazda Miata ND2
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »
Try Stoney Trail Mazda
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

JamesTCallaghan

• That cone is still in the box!
  • If you aren't hitting any cones, try harder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
Looks like a pretty interesting car, sadly seems like most of the newer models are all being laden with “safety” features that would annoy me personally.

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 02:27:24 PM »
Try Stoney Trail Mazda

Done that. Waiting on response. Interesting fact, Stoney Trail, North Hill and Kramer are all owned by the same group. Call all three, got the same receptionist at sales, found that little tidbit out. Still waiting to hear back.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 04:44:05 PM »

I called Sunridge Mazda to arrange a test drive on the 2019 ND2. I was told they don’t expect to stock them for 3 months. Not many answers beyond that, but I suspect they don’t want to take them in stock at the end of the convertible season likely.

I talked to the service manager at Sunridge after the Tuesday night meeting and that's not what he said ...  He mentioned they would be coming in soon.  Maurice is someone I have known since childhood ... lived across the street.  But we'll see.

Reijo

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 05:23:50 PM »

Maybe the salesperson I spoke to was full of it or just wanted to get me in to drive a 2018. They didn’t even really know about the changes that are being made to the car.

One thing is for sure I hate dealing with car dealerships. I just want to test drive the damn car

I talked to the service manager at Sunridge after the Tuesday night meeting and that's not what he said ...  He mentioned they would be coming in soon.  Maurice is someone I have known since childhood ... lived across the street.  But we'll see.

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »
In any case, it will not be long before they are here.   :)

Midnightsky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »
Looks like a pretty interesting car, sadly seems like most of the newer models are all being laden with “safety” features that would annoy me personally.

My Mazda 3 has all that stuff, never been a problem.  I too thought the same as you once, but having owned my Mazda 3 for over a year now it has never caused any issues, no regrets here. All of it can be turned off too.

JamesTCallaghan

• That cone is still in the box!
  • If you aren't hitting any cones, try harder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 04:21:21 AM »

My Mazda 3 has all that stuff, never been a problem.  I too thought the same as you once, but having owned my Mazda 3 for over a year now it has never caused any issues, no regrets here. All of it can be turned off too.

I’ve seen what happens when it goes wrong outside of warranty, I’d avoid it at all cost. Not just that but I would find it annoying to have to turn it off every time I drive the car. I don’t like the complexity and weight that brings with it either.

Good thing I’m not in the market for a new car  :P

Midnightsky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 02:54:32 PM »

I’ve seen what happens when it goes wrong outside of warranty, I’d avoid it at all cost. Not just that but I would find it annoying to have to turn it off every time I drive the car. I don’t like the complexity and weight that brings with it either.

Good thing I’m not in the market for a new car  :P

Only thing I have to turn off is traction/stability, I leave smart city braking on same as blind spot monitoring, neither have had any negative impact on my driving.  Lane departure warning stays off without needing to change it every time I drive.  Now in reference to after warranty, I guess fingers crossed I don't have any issues at that point in time.

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 06:20:55 PM »
In the ND1 the traction/stability is the easiest thing to turn off, one quick press and it's fully off.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11457
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online