Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

84 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Heritage Class rules  (Read 4118 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
Re: Heritage Class rules
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 07:22:12 AM »
I find this extremely interesting, but not sure they really thought things through.  The examples they use are English, but Japan and Germany made cars back then too.

Engine may be updated to any available from the manufacturer for that model through its generations.

Does this not allow someone to swap a modern 991 engine into a classic 911? Or a 370Z VQ37 into an S30 Datsun 240Z?  Yes it would still have to use carbs, but modern American carburetors are wonderful.

So much for the English competition?

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 08:41:56 AM »
I get the idea that this is an attempt to try to get some classic cars out and competing and not as much about creating a level playing field.  Kind of an XP type of deal "sure, come out, we have a place for you"

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »
And the Volvo 240 makes its first appearance in North America in the 1975 model year (mine is an 81) in 1974 so does this mean that I'm allowed in this group.  It says 1974 and pre so it's a little vague (though the MG example does potentially open the door for 240's until 1993).
1981 Volvo 242 GLT
1966 Volvo 122 (long term project)

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 08:56:11 AM »
To answer my own question - the Volvo 240 was a 1975 model year produced in 1974 calendar year and therefore does not qualify.  The rule is based on model year.  I will have to remain in SM (PAX 0.87) instead of either HCR (0.838) or HCS (0.817).  The SCCA really does have to bring in a CAM equivalent for Euro cars - no offense, but we're just working in a completely different league with respect to technology.
1981 Volvo 242 GLT

nnywg

• :|
  • My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:07:55 AM »
My general feeling is that PAX kills the streetable builds.  You either need to stay stock or go full track car.  But I can't think of a better way to try and classify an unlimited number of variables down to 30 groups (or whatever the number is).  My truck is in ESP, so I run against myself.  The 85' Supra will be FSP whenever I get it finished, again, probably running with no other direct competition.  Kindof a bummer in that respect.
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 08:49:31 AM »
I just think the SCCA needs to consider a vintage class for Euro/Japanese cars from the mid 80's down.  Similar to what they do in CAM.  For the record, I'm in SM for a single modification - I ceramic coated the hot side of my turbo as I don't like rusty turbos.  I seriously doubt it's a performance adder in my application.

I'd just like to get away from competing against Paul in the GTR.  I mean, it's common knowledge that old Volvo's are just like GTR's...they have crazy super computer power, AWD, launch control, active suspension and more power than God.  :o

I could just swap out the turbo, but then it would be ugly.    :'(
1981 Volvo 242 GLT

nnywg

• :|
  • My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 09:20:15 AM »
You know the GTR is for sale - if someone buys it we're safe!  Is Mr. Tuna still considered a rookie this year?

Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

PaulT

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 10:15:27 AM »
Ha-Ha, Just bought some new rubber for it from Kyle @Spec-R for it, but as you all know everything is for sale. As far as safe goes
I remember from last year the fast car with the slow driver.! Will try to improve though. Next question is will there be a Solo-Pro
school?
PaulT #202

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 11:06:43 AM »
I have something scheduled ... stay tuned for news on the SoloPro schools and other events to come this season.   :)

Tuna

• 2020 Member
  • KG not kg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 09:02:17 PM »
You know the GTR is for sale - if someone buys it we're safe!  Is Mr. Tuna still considered a rookie this year?
I will not compete as a rookie this year.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11457
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 84
Total: 84