Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:41:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

164 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SoloPro school  (Read 1776 times)

Mkelder

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
SoloPro school
« on: June 14, 2016, 08:48:36 PM »
I really highly recommend everyone give the solopro schools a go. Definitely worth the money for seat time and the 1 on 1 instruction and no other situation aims you to work on your skills instead of just trying to put a good time down like practice days.

I saw lots of people improving throughout the weekend!

Here is my video from the last challenge of the day, two laps around the course and beat the instructors time with no cones (I failed the no cones part :)

https://youtu.be/GHE9JAhZ5vw

Canuck

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: SoloPro school
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »
It really is staggering how much you improve in one day vs practicing/race day scenarios.  I moved one giant step further in my goals.  I learned more about car set-up, mental preparation, and pushing in one day than I had in the last year.  I actually hit both third gear and the odd cone!  Now if someone (seriously) could remind me to PUSH hard at our next event I'd really appreciate it!  :o :P :P :P
1981 Volvo 242 GLT
1966 Volvo 122 (long term project)

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 05:27:26 AM »
Sounds like you guys had fun,  :) looks like I'm going to get my arse kicked next month.
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 12:14:15 PM »
Thanks for the compliments everyone.  I think I can speak for Jeff as well in that we both had a good time and enjoyed the schools from the instructor's perspective.

Yes, we had a good bunch of students in the schools this year ... interested in learning and I think we fed some good solid food ... including some new stuff I have not taught in SoloPro Schools (nor seen or heard of elsewhere anywhere) before.... cutting edge as far as autox goes.  There were also some variations in course design that were new.   :)

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 03:16:19 PM »
As they are every year, both courses were awesome and well worth the expense. Thanks very much to Reijo and Jeff for all your efforts to make it happen!

I know it shouldn't really be a surprise after taking it so many times, but every time I take this course it totally shocks me how far I leap ahead in my driving level.

pardglg

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
  • White road paint is slippery...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 10:05:40 PM »
Amen to Nick's comments. It was fabulous. Third time for me, and I'll do #4 for sure next year.
1999 Corvette ST
2013 Scion FRS CS

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11466
  • Total Topics: 1573
  • Online Today: 173
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0