Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:31:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: CAC - damage to a neighbour's lawn/sprinklers?  (Read 7250 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: CAC - damage to a neighbour's lawn/sprinklers?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 02:36:53 PM »
At this point we cannot do much since we do not have the identity of the person nor the house location ... until he calls. 

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 05:50:53 PM »
The fact of the matter is, whether it was one of the registered drivers, their guests, a spectator looking to gain a better vantage point, or it was someone entirely unrelated to our activities that caused the damage the homeowner apparently suspects or believes it was “us”.
No amount of discussion is likely to change that opinion. Realistically the damage likely would not have occurred had “we” not been there.

I’m not suggesting that we blindly pay any requested amount, but it would be best to come out of this situation as the group that took responsibility and acted quickly to remedy it. If doing that is a simple matter of paying for the damage to a couple of sprinkler heads… well, that’s a small price to pay really.

If there is the possibility a member here has significant experience in installing or repairing sprinkler systems please step up and help resolve this. Property quickly returned to pre-accident, working condition is always preferable to a bit of cash in hand and the hassle of completing the required work.
This is what I was hinting at as well... it really doesn't matter who it was

Your doing a great job Reijo.
Also I second this!

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 12:15:35 PM »
Just spoke with Mr. Brost (sp?).

His house is the 2nd to last west one ... most westward one near the fence more specifically. 

That may be where our food vendor drove if I understood correctly ... over the lawn and broke a check/backflow valve apparently.

In any case, he had a spare one and fixed it himself - about an hour he said.  I asked for a cost and how we can reimburse him but he said it was no big deal and refused to take anything.  He just wanted to let us know what had happened. 

I think we will have to ensure any future vendors, competitors and guests will know where to go (e.g. a better map?) to come and watch, participate or otherwise.   We may still not be able to circumvent something like this happening again but perhaps we can minimize the risk of it happening again.

In any case, Mr. Brost was very cordial and friendly on the phone and said no offence was taken and all is ok.  He mentioned he realizes that there are many people who come to these and it is hard to control everyone (my paraphrasing).

So this is all settled now.

Tuna

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • KG not kg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 02:43:30 PM »
How about a weather/wind proof sign which we raise and lower on event days?

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 03:24:36 PM »
I'm willing to help with the graphics...I do masquerade as a geography professor when I'm not playing with you folks.  Something that could be placed at the entrance to tell people where to be and not be and to sign the waiver that sort of thing.
1981 Volvo 242 GLT
1966 Volvo 122 (long term project)

Midnightsky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 01:31:58 PM »
How about a weather/wind proof sign which we raise and lower on event days?

I think we need multiple signs for this.  I almost always feel lost when I come to Ft.Mcleod events and occasionally make a wrong turn or two on my way in.   The signs would be helpful to competitors and spectators alike.
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

Tuna

• 2020 Member
  • KG not kg
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 05:31:21 PM »
Follow the signs to the airport...

Midnightsky

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 10:46:11 PM »
Follow the signs to the airport...

Been quite awhile since I've been down there, do not recall the airport signs specifically.  Event signs are always nice to have.
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11460
  • Total Topics: 1573
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0