Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:54:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

113 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Regional event clarification for this coming weekend at YYC.  (Read 2811 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: WCMA Series Detail?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »
Thanks, Dave.  Nicely said.....that is the point of the series.

I am very busy with work these days being inundated with calls and will respond when I get a chance ... but right now contractors need information to build their buildings!   :)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »
I'll just add that this event is not supposed to be just another local event.  That is thinking too small.  It is supposed to be a set up and even should, in my mind, be a part of preparation for even larger events like Nationals and National-level events down south.  The no-passengers rule is very strict at all the above-mentioned events and has been for the WCMA series for decades now.

So think about that folks.  This is NOT a local event.

If newbies need help we should do that with additional coaching and extra course walks with them, watch them and then give them feed-back as required.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 12:47:57 PM »
In case you are wondering what is going to happen.  Look back on the last couple of years.  There is going to be no change that I am aware of and, as mentioned, I have no time to make up something new.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 01:05:36 PM »
What are the requirements to qualify for the series - is it just doing the two days in Calgary and one day in Red Deer?

I can answer this one in a general sense.  The intent of the regional series is to get you outside of your usual "haunts", so you will almost certainly be required to attend two events outside the province.  So, you will need to attend an event in Saskatchewan and Winnipeg.

I haven't attended an event at the 3 flags venue in Sask yet, but I want to.  Supposedly smooth and extremely grippy surface. The Winnipeg venue is an old airport with a very bumpy surface, but the people and course designs are exquisite.  Make this a bucket list item -- I don't think you will be disappointed.

And after that, start thinking about expeditions to other venues and clubs.  I can wholeheartedly recommend Great Falls, Helena, Vancouver, and Packwood, all within a day (or two) drive.  You really aren't doing the sport justice until you start competing against people and clubs "from away".

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Re: Regional event clarification for this coming weekend at YYC.
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TWO TOPICS REGARDING THE REGIONAL HAVE BEEN MERGED

Based on Reijo's post in the other thread (quoted below) we will not allow passengers or ride-a-longs this weekend period. This is a WCMA Regional event and Reijo just so happens to be the WCMA Autocross Director. As Reijo mentions if you're new and don't feel comfortable come find one of us and we'll arrange for an extra course walk for you and if after the course walk you still don't feel comfortable running without someone in the car with you we'll refund your money.

I'll just add that this event is not supposed to be just another local event.  That is thinking too small.  It is supposed to be a set up and even should, in my mind, be a part of preparation for even larger events like Nationals and National-level events down south.  The no-passengers rule is very strict at all the above-mentioned events and has been for the WCMA series for decades now.

So think about that folks.  This is NOT a local event.

If newbies need help we should do that with additional coaching and extra course walks with them, watch them and then give them feed-back as required.

As for people that don't want to participate in the regional that, unfortunately would create some serious challenges with scoring so that's not an option.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11460
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online