Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:04:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

103 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Scores for September 19/20 weekend  (Read 7316 times)

LilDrunkenSmurf

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: Scores for September 19/20 weekend
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 09:06:44 AM »
Coned away my best run =(

In the overalls, I don't have a score for sunday.

EDIT: I see why... I'm split into 2 people.

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »
Hi all.  Loved the course.  Great design and very fun.  I really liked the figure eights on both ends of the course, and found the slaloms, well set up and very fun.

I do have a couple questions about my times though.  My first time was listed as 141.536 +1 cone.  I know when I pulled in after that lap it was 68.xxx on the board,  and I never went off during the day.

I'm wondering if it somehow offset my other cone counts in some crazy way,  as it leads to my second confusion.  Maybe the wind in the radios had something to do with it.... but....

I'm almost positive that my last (and fastest) lap was clean.  I'd need somebody marshaling the second group to be able to verify that somehow though.  As soon as I get my hands on a micro SD to SD card I'm be able to review the tape to be certain,  but my gut says it was clean. 

Sorry to be a pain,  Just wanting to be sure.

Duane
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

Mkelder

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 10:09:41 AM »
I have to agree with everyone else that it really was a fun and fast course!

I too thought I had a clean run on my fastest run but it ended up have a cone penalty added to it but with how windy it was I noticed while marshalling that sometimes it literally took only a slight touch of a cone that normally would have just made it wobble in place to send it flying so I think a lot of people suffered.

For those that stayed for the fun runs at the end we were greated with low winds and many of us pulled our fastest time of the day. I managed to find another second and got 60.7!

Which reminds me. I wanted to ask what the corvettes and gtr where managing for speed coming out of the long sweaper and through the box before having to hit the breaks hard? Myself I was able to run out 3rd gear which places me at 120km, just curious what everyone else was doing there.

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 10:32:54 AM »
I have to agree with everyone else that it really was a fun and fast course!

I too thought I had a clean run on my fastest run but it ended up have a cone penalty added to it but with how windy it was I noticed while marshalling that sometimes it literally took only a slight touch of a cone that normally would have just made it wobble in place to send it flying so I think a lot of people suffered.

For the second group many of the key cones were all doubled up.  I was the only way to keep them in place,  but also made hitting them much more noticeable. 
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 11:26:02 AM »
Hi all.  Loved the course.  Great design and very fun.  I really liked the figure eights on both ends of the course, and found the slaloms, well set up and very fun.

I do have a couple questions about my times though.  My first time was listed as 141.536 +1 cone.  I know when I pulled in after that lap it was 68.xxx on the board,  and I never went off during the day.

I'm wondering if it somehow offset my other cone counts in some crazy way,  as it leads to my second confusion.  Maybe the wind in the radios had something to do with it.... but....

I'm almost positive that my last (and fastest) lap was clean.  I'd need somebody marshaling the second group to be able to verify that somehow though.  As soon as I get my hands on a micro SD to SD card I'm be able to review the tape to be certain,  but my gut says it was clean. 

Sorry to be a pain,  Just wanting to be sure.

Duane

Looking at the timing data, I would say that you should have gotten a rerun (the 2 people after you did).  The 68.313 was the time of the previous person.  One way to tell if a time is yours is to check if the sign is blinking or on steady.  If blinking, then it was not your time.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 11:30:39 AM »

Send me a PM and I'll fix it up.
Always check to see if your name is spelled correctly -- a change in spelling gets you split into two people.
2017 Miata (C Street)

nnywg

• :|
  • My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 11:35:56 AM »

Dan O and Daniel O are also the same person
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 11:38:45 AM »
Looking at the timing data, I would say that you should have gotten a rerun (the 2 people after you did).  The 68.313 was the time of the previous person.  One way to tell if a time is yours is to check if the sign is blinking or on steady.  If blinking, then it was not your time.

Yes sir,  I did get a rerun and that was the 68.XXX I thought I got.  Either way,  that wasn't the fastest of the day for me.  I'm more interested in looking at my video and see where I ruined my fast run.   :-[

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 11:43:24 AM »
On Sunday, I noticed a few cars lightly brushed up against the wall on the way out just beyond the big curve onto the runway (from the airport apron) however at speed it also does not take as much of a hit to knock a cone over ... so that may be why you may not have noticed the cone? 

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »

Dan O and Daniel O are also the same person

Should be good now.
2017 Miata (C Street)

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 11:56:30 AM »
On Sunday, I noticed a few cars lightly brushed up against the wall on the way out just beyond the big curve onto the runway (from the airport apron) however at speed it also does not take as much of a hit to knock a cone over ... so that may be why you may not have noticed the cone?

Could very well be. 

LilDrunkenSmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 12:51:59 PM »

Send me a PM and I'll fix it up.
Always check to see if your name is spelled correctly -- a change in spelling gets you split into two people.

PM Incoming. Same name on both, no idea how it happened.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 01:19:40 PM »
Your last name was spelled "Ivi.." for the last event (missing "r").  So, you ended up being a different person this event...

Register online using MSR.  Doing it at the event leads to these sort of errors and rework.
2017 Miata (C Street)

LilDrunkenSmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 01:33:45 PM »
Your last name was spelled "Ivi.." for the last event (missing "r").  So, you ended up being a different person this event...

Register online using MSR.  Doing it at the event leads to these sort of errors and rework.

I did register online, but they didn't have it on site. I registered on Tuesday.
Either way, this is Shane's fault.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »
Either way, this is Shane's fault.

I didn't think Jo and I provided much "added value" for our work -- guess I was wrong :)  But I'll blame Shane too if it helps :P

2017 Miata (C Street)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11461
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0