Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

108 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Friday, July 27 extra day (then July 28) ... a school, a practice, a solo, or?  (Read 2706 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
So we have a peculiar situation in that the LSCC booked Friday July 27 at Fort Macleod by mistake and they can't get out of it without a cost attached to it. Anyway Craig (from the LSCC) mentioned to me that perhaps we can take it over and do something with the day. So how about it? What would you like to do? Can you even make it (on a Friday ... and then we have an event on the day after - Saturday, July 28 ... so in essence you can get 2 days in back-to-back ... stay overnight in Ft. Macleod - motels are cheap). A practice? Another C1 RASE School? A regular solo event (no points though)? Just some messing around/practice I guess? Other ideas? I'm adding a poll here to see if there is any interest in any particular activity. Note that even with a RASE School, you can also have a practice event/course at the other end of the runway that is still a full-sized course! So maybe we can do a double event? hmmm.....

I put up a poll on the FB page to try to get some indication of what we could possibly do with the day. 

As mentioned above, the day is booked, insurance in place (through LSCC) etc. 

So, in a sense it is an extra day for the asking.

ALSO, on July 29 is the WCMA event at Red Deer ... gee ... 3 days in a row!  I don't think I've ever done that before!   Interesting!   :)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
OK - time for a final tally:

Who's in for an extra day at Fort Macleod on Friday, July 27, 2018?

Send me an email, PM or phone me.  We are hoping for 15 people min. to more or less break even.

I guess we could make do with less people also ... but let's do a head count and go from there.

There is also a new poll (to get a head count) at the FB page so go there and vote.

I will also put on a RASE school (small private one ... less than 6 people) if there is interest and it will be at the west end on a separate course but may make use of both courses ... will make up a custom format....be more like private coaching to make you faster!

kaho

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
How much would the race school cost and what would it cover?

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You can put me down as a solid maybe - I'll probably be healed up enough to drive spiritedly, might not be healed enough to run after cones yet, won't know for sure until the week before.

All that said, I'd be interested in a day of instruction pending cost & focus, missed the June school because of my leg.

John

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
We are close to having enough people - I would say this is going to happen!   I'll figure out something for the RASE school ... It is going to be something unique ... sort of a private school if  you will with limited entries with "special" topics.  There will be a lot of seat time and we can work on perhaps more nitty gritty detail items (plus any glaring items, of course).

There WILL be a LOT of seat time.  Make sure you have good tires.   :)

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Any updates about next Friday?  I'm still interested.

John

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
We are going to host it since there are enough people.....not many ... but that means more seat time for you!  :)

It's been a busy week so I haven't got back to the final details.

1.  There will be a RASE school in a custom format with limited enrollment and I will be the only instructor as a consequence.
2.  There will be practice on a separate course not shared with the school although the school may make use of the practice course in the afternoon.....which means you are welcome to try the school course in the afternoon (it is a course we have used before that is quite good ... hence, why I  keep re-using it since it is so good!  :) ).

The only problem may be that the runs will come so quickly you may not have time to prepare!   :)

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks, please put me down as attending the school, I'll look for your MSReg for registration.

John

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Here`s the confirmation that Friday July 27 will be RASE School and practice.  And Saturday is event 9 at Fort Macleod. 

I`m just working on the details and seeing how we will set this up on MSReg through the LSCC if possible (Craig is in Spain). 

So stay tuned.  Hopefully today I will have this organized.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
You can sign up for the practice here:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/lscc-friday-practice-test-tune-fort-macleod-airport-lethbridge-sports-car-club-460030

I will handle the school registration separately and contact those who were interested ... believe there were 8 people expressing interest.

Thanks,

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
There are only a few people heading out for Friday ... so we have room if you are interested.

Reijo

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11460
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 108