Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

78 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Results and feedback for event #1 at Airdrie Airpark  (Read 1739 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
Results and feedback for event #1 at Airdrie Airpark
« on: May 11, 2019, 07:06:49 PM »
Results might be different than you saw at the venue -- some people's runs were accidentally marked as fun runs.  Check your times here, but I think these results are correct:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Sl81Wc2zK4jq4_hPwpb_xbjv0H86PjLm

For the curious, here are the PAX results when only the first 3 runs were counted:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qn-mmbfkBINwkym3kitXMnAIHrxLa4ye

As for feedback, I must say that I enjoyed the course.  It was much more challenging that I expected.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

99GLS21

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
  • What cones?
    • View Profile
Re: Results and feedback for event #1 at Airdrie Airpark
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 08:34:38 PM »
Fun course - good job so thanks to organizers.    I found a XXL Men's Blue Hoodie on grass beside the timing light board. Let me know if you are missing one

Type_Yarr

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 09:04:53 PM »
Thanks again for everyone’s help in successfully putting on this event. Given that this ended up being the club’s first event of the season, at a new venue with its own unique constraints, the event went very smoothly. We successfully had all equipment, portapotties, and cars off the runway at 6:20pm!

Again I want to thank everyone for working the extended work shifts. For any future events at Airdrie Airpark, the club will be looking at (among other things):

- ways to balance the number of runs and length of work assignments
- moving tech and on-site check-in to the paddock area
- ways to allow better access for spectators

Richard B

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 04:47:25 AM »
I was frustrated all day because I was unable to improve on my 1st run, even though subsequent runs felt much better.  After going through my videos, I found out why -- my better runs just got me to redline in 2nd gear, and never resulted in any improved times.

So, my take away is that I am just going to have to use and love 3rd gear in my car.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 11:40:35 AM »
Nice to see everyone ... good event.   Access during the day is a problem ... eg need gas or food?    As discussed grid should be setup differently ... like FM

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »
I nominate Tom G for the "Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures" award, as he ended up drinking half of his sprayer water when he ran out of drinks.  ;D
Stephen Hui

Cagare

• Administrator
  • :|
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »
I 100% echo Richard's thoughts on Airdrie and we will discuss it. We also need to make sure we bring a few flats of water next time for people at the event. I know a lot of people were baking by the end of the event, and it would have been nice to run water out for the long work assignment.

If I can give the general membership a piece of positive feedback...I was extremely impressed with how everyone helped make that a smooth day. We had a group come early to help run tech, registration and setup, we couldn't have gotten started as fast as we did without that group. Everyone was on-time, if not early. Transitions were some of the fastest I had seen at our events, and they are already very good. Even the speed at which we cleared the one incidnet we had safely was impressive. We even cleaned up very fast.

We got started a little late and we needed to adjust to make it all happen. I appreciate everyone rolling with us that day to make it work and get the runs in that we did. We were fortunate to have a beautiful day.

It was a lot of work to get a new venue off the ground, and generally just make sure things happen that day. Everyone did there part to make it good on the day, and that's huge!

So, thank you!

Hopefully next time I can settle down before running.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11457
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 92
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78