Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:36:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Dec. 2015 Fastrack  (Read 2154 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile

Stuart

• That cone is still in the box!
  • Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
Re: Dec. 2015 Fastrack
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:42:12 PM »
Spec Miatas may have been saved at the last minute, they've changed their stance since my letter I guess.

"#17160 16443 - remove touring cars from SP
Thank you for your input. A proposal addressing this issue was published by the SEB but withdrawn before being voted on by the BOD. A revised proposal will be forthcoming.
#17163 16443 Touring Car Clarification
Thank you for your input. Please see item 16443 in November Fastrack. This proposal was withdrawn before being voted on by the BOD; a revised version will be forthcoming."

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 10:00:39 AM »
Interesting proposal for a new rule to apply at the Nationals: no tire warmers allowed before first run.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Stuart

• That cone is still in the box!
  • Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 10:44:10 AM »
Interesting proposal for a new rule to apply at the Nationals: no tire warmers allowed before first run.

I'm wondering if they saw a car run in multiple classes trying to keep heat in, or if someone used the the tire cleaning or test and tune course and then headed to grid ant threw on the blankets.  Either way I'm sure there was a complaint that lead to that rule.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »

Or a cold day, with tires/wheels in a running van/SUV with the heat turned up ...   Or a running car with the bubble wrap around the entire car trapping engine heat in the undercarriage ... and tires/wheels ...

People come up with all kinds of interpretations ... and tactics that are not defined ... :)

R

I'm wondering if they saw a car run in multiple classes trying to keep heat in, or if someone used the the tire cleaning or test and tune course and then headed to grid ant threw on the blankets.  Either way I'm sure there was a complaint that lead to that rule.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11459
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57