Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:46:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Mazdaspeed development of the ND Miata/2016 for CS and STR by Ron Bauer  (Read 4967 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile

Midnightsky

• :|
    • View Profile
Amazing that a car company is having an autoxer do setup and develop parts for the new Miata ... a first!

http://mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayRacerStoryView?source=STORY&uniqueId=8691&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&button=y&utm_source=MM+Newsletter+March+22%2C+2016&utm_campaign=MM+eNewsletter+12012015&utm_medium=email

Less profit for the car company, and we all know how greedy car companies are........a first yes, but many will follow with "the easy way out"
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
I was reading that the abarth version of the Fiat set to come out in europe is slower 0-60 than the base mx-5. The regular Fiat is almost a second slower. This despite the turbo. All that weight savings has really paid off for Mazda.

There is apparently a hard top version of the mx-5 being unveiled at the New York auto show

Stuart

• That cone is still in the box!
  • Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
There is apparently a hard top version of the mx-5 being unveiled at the New York auto show

This ended up as a Power Targa.  When partially down it looks a bit Transfromer like but it must add quite a bit of weight.

majormojo

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
I like it in profile, but I think it would be nicer with a coupé rear window instead of butresses. I read somewhere it adds 180 lbs.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
Miata.net forum people are saying that it adds 135 lbs.  It also comes with softer suspension :(
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
More development of the ND but this time for STR.  Yom won the Nats last year as has Kevin Dietz (2nd last year in his S2k in STR) in SS and Ron, of course, in a few cars so these results on the concrete at Crow's Landing are good indicators for the development of the car.

http://mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayRacerStoryView?source=STORY&uniqueId=8937&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&button=y

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11459
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62