Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:07:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

99 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Results for September 25, 2016 event at YYC  (Read 6521 times)

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
Re: Results for September 25, 2016 event at YYC
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 07:57:53 PM »
When you said M3 in you're class I took a quick look and there appears to be many classing errors. I believe that's one of them...

Hey, if it makes him feel good :)

Wow
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »
It is not my job (or area of expertise) to class other people's cars.  I hope he gets help to class his car correctly for the next event.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 03:26:28 AM »
Strictly according to the rules:  It is up to the competitor to class their car correctly ... or face a protest at the event.  If no one protests, then the results stay.  Brutal but technically correct.

I looked through the results and there appeared to be quite a few errors in classing and mostly likely to new people/new-to the-sport likely guessing at their class or perhaps not taking the time to figure out their class via reading the rules.....or perhaps not even knowing where to look in the first place?   Dunno.

We did have a few threads on where people can look to class their vehicles.

Also, if people have no idea how to class their car, ask here on the forum.  People can help if they are asked and there are plenty of knowledgeable people for that.

Some of this could maybe be caught at registration in the morning if there is someone savvy with classes present ... I had thought of printing out a list of classes etc. that we could have at the registration desk/table but a combo of lack of time and just plain forgetting to do so it did not happen.  That might be the best option.

Sprockett

• Global Moderator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • My cars = For Sale
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 11:10:45 AM »
Ya I think Chris Sun had done this for previous events. This event these events are just for fun but next year it may matter more to more people that people be in their correct class. I'm sure for the people incorrectly classes its combination of not knowing and really not caring, which is totally fair at this point...

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 10:50:40 AM »
Is there a way we can link to a classing guideline in the registration page?  I'm sure it wouldn't fix all the classing errors at registration,  but it may alleviate a few. 

Even if at the drop down (Class Selection) menu it has a *Follow Link for Classing info* or something. 
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 06:19:42 PM »
Maybe we could add an "I don't know / I need help" option in the classing dropdown so that those who don't know can get help.
Stephen Hui

Apex Carver

• Global Moderator
  • I Drive Like I'm New Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 01:51:33 AM »
What about adding a check box asking if the car is modified in anyway (ie. Springs, intake, Ecu, etc). If it's checked and the competitor selects the stock classes it'll help us know right off the bat that they are in the wrong class and atleast can be fixed before hand.
Chris S. #86

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11459
  • Total Topics: 1572
  • Online Today: 99
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99