Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Results for August 07 2016  (Read 6813 times)

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
Re: Results for August 07 2016
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 12:54:05 PM »
I think it is because you broke 88mph... I told you, and you ended up back in Saturday  ;D

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 01:05:17 PM »
When I started the equipment in the morning I ran mjbroadcast from the link on desktop and it worked for the first group and second. I think it was tied into the date conflict that made it stop for the afternoon.

Something to consider, I was the 3rd person to sign up for event and when I did so it said August 7th as the date of event but then listed everyone as Saturday entrants. I made a post about it raising the issue but since the date seemed correct nothing was done. Perhaps check the msr file for correct date?

I confirmed with Rachael when we noticed the unknown driver errors that she indeed did atart off with a fresh start of mjtiming even though it seemed like a similar problem as last time we had.

mjtiming doesn't care what the msr file is named, or if there is a date in the the name.

This issue is because mjtiming is running under one date, and the computer has somehow moved to a different date.  Or vice versa, but that would be some major bug in the software.

Note that the master drive data (registration) file has no date attached to it.  What happens is that mjtiming makes a copy of the driver data file into the eventdata folder, and then is when it puts the current date as part of the copied file name.

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Mkelder

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 02:52:13 PM »
I dont think anyone checked to see what date Windows was thinking it was. Or perhaps mjtiming was indeed started Saturday and the computer was just placed into sleep mode and it wasn't actually closed?

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 08:02:11 PM »
I plan to have a close look to make sure everything is running correctly before we get rolling at the next event, if we do that I don't anticipate any issues.

Terry Johns

• "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 08:45:43 PM »
I think it is because you broke 88mph... I told you, and you ended up back in Saturday  ;D

You were right Nick  :'(
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2016, 08:52:38 PM »
^^ It could end up like the movie "Groundhog Day" if you are not careful.... just endlessly getting prepared for racing on Sunday and ending up back in Saturday. The good news is you would get a ton of runs in!

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 501
  • Latest: DougM3
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11493
  • Total Topics: 1583
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0