Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:09:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2015 Solo Schedule  (Read 8519 times)

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
2015 Solo Schedule
« on: February 23, 2015, 07:36:46 PM »
Reviving a banished post, and pasting from the Facebook page... here are the dates for the coming 2015 season.  As was in previous years, these events are held in the Town of Fort Macleod, at the airport there.

REGISTER FOR EVENTS HERE: http://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/southern-alberta-solosport-club

1. April 25/26 (Sat./Sun) FMC#1
2. May 30/31 (Sat./Sun.) - SoloPro Driving Schools - instructors from USA
3. June 20/21 (Sat./Sun.) FMC#2
4. July 25/26 (Sat./Sun.) FMC#3
5. Aug. 21/22/23 (Fri./Sat./Sun.) - Canadian National Championships - note Friday is a Test 'n Tune and set up day for the Nationals. Banquet etc. will likely take place (TBA).
6. Sept. 19/20 (Sat./Sun.) FMC#4
7. Oct. 3/4 (Sat./Sun.) FMC#5

The reasoning was to avoid the Packwood National Tour and Pro Solo in July, Knox Mtn. Hillclimb on Victoria Day long weekend, Lincoln Spring Tour/ProSolo and the SCCA Solo Nationals and ProFinale. Apparently the Westerner is not ready to set dates yet and discussing with Stuart, we decided to go ahead and set what dates as best as we could for Fort Macleod. Apparently there are other groups wanting to rent the airport apart from us so we needed to get these dates set up.

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Solo 2 Schedule
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:42:24 PM »
Where can I sign up for events?

I picked up a membership for this year, but I didn't see any other events on the registration site

Cheers,
Nick

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 02:40:33 AM »
We will post the links when they are ready.  At present, I am still playing around with Motorsportreg to get events set up the way I want them.

If you don't have an account with them, you should get signed up and set up your profile and garage:
www.motorsportreg.com
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Midnightsky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 03:30:05 AM »
Hey are you guys scoring it as a 2 day event? Or does Saturday become a Test & Tune?

*EDIT* Nevermind, just saw the post on cscc, I hope Saturdays end up turning into mostly practice events.
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 12:05:41 PM »
We will post the links when they are ready.  At present, I am still playing around with Motorsportreg to get events set up the way I want them.

If you don't have an account with them, you should get signed up and set up your profile and garage:
www.motorsportreg.com

Ok, cool thanks!

I setup an account and picked up a membership through them already!

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 05:56:34 PM »
Although the Westerner dates are only tentative, I have created a schedule for the joint championship.  http://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/index.php?topic=12712.new

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 07:21:34 PM »
April 25th? Oh hell yes.  Feels like it's almost here.

rayray

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 05:10:11 PM »
Can a full schedule be sent out? I'm looking to see if I need to overnight it Friday or if driving down Saturday early morn can work.

Thanks!
"all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 05:51:49 PM »
Not sure what you are looking for here?  Which events?  The entire series?  CSCC events in Red Deer?  Just the SASC?   Or the SoloPro Schools this coming weekend?  There will be a hand-out emailed out this evening (or very soon if I get it) for the SoloPro Schools which includes a schedule.  However, you should be READY TO RUN at 8 am for the SoloPro Schools - a bit earlier than our "usual" events.

For normal events if you get to Fort Macleod around 8 am or shortly after (earlier if you want to help out - which is always welcome!   :)  I usually arrive about 7:30 am to pick up cones, and start laying out the course, etc.) you should be ok to prepare, course walk, do the tire pressures, walk the course and hang out a bit.

However for the SoloPro Schools be sure you are there early and ready to run at 8 am SHARP (we are pretty good about this btw).

There are a number of us including the instructors going there on Friday ... dinner at the Fort Macleod lounge on Hwy 3 (eastbound) - pub with the red metal roof.

rayray

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 08:33:31 AM »
Not sure what you are looking for here?  Which events?  The entire series?  CSCC events in Red Deer?  Just the SASC?   Or the SoloPro Schools this coming weekend?  There will be a hand-out emailed out this evening (or very soon if I get it) for the SoloPro Schools which includes a schedule.  However, you should be READY TO RUN at 8 am for the SoloPro Schools - a bit earlier than our "usual" events.

For normal events if you get to Fort Macleod around 8 am or shortly after (earlier if you want to help out - which is always welcome!   :)  I usually arrive about 7:30 am to pick up cones, and start laying out the course, etc.) you should be ok to prepare, course walk, do the tire pressures, walk the course and hang out a bit.

However for the SoloPro Schools be sure you are there early and ready to run at 8 am SHARP (we are pretty good about this btw).

There are a number of us including the instructors going there on Friday ... dinner at the Fort Macleod lounge on Hwy 3 (eastbound) - pub with the red metal roof.

oops, definitely meant for my post to be in the school thread! good information in your reply for the normal events though!
"all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt

the_cosworth

• Not Quite DFL...
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Solo Schedule
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 07:54:24 AM »
Hi guys,

First year I'd like to attend these events with my wifes focus. I won't be able to attend the first event until July however (away the weekends of April/May and expecting a kid in June). Just wondering if I am able to come out and throw the car around with you guys for the last few events.

I know I won't be competitive or have enough seat time to compete for anything but I'd just like to get my feet wet.

thanks!

Brendan

Wayne Dyck

• 2020 Member
  • "If You Wait, All That Happens is You Get Older"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 09:11:30 AM »
Hi guys,

First year I'd like to attend these events with my wifes focus. I won't be able to attend the first event until July however (away the weekends of April/May and expecting a kid in June). Just wondering if I am able to come out and throw the car around with you guys for the last few events.

I know I won't be competitive or have enough seat time to compete for anything but I'd just like to get my feet wet.

thanks!

Brendan

Everyone's welcome... No matter the experience level. Lots of mentoring help if needed, just ask. Ride alongs too.

FYI... You were looking at last year's schedule. This year's schedule is posted on the home page of the forum.
         http://forums.sascsolo.com/index.php

#180 DS
"For the money, for the glory, for the fun... but mostly for the fun."

the_cosworth

• Not Quite DFL...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 09:24:30 AM »
Whoops....... you mean to tell me it isn't 2015? Haha.

thanks for the heads up. Look forward to meeting you guys on the 23rd of July.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11451
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9