Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SOLD: Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6, lightly prepped  (Read 1298 times)

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
SOLD: Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6, lightly prepped
« on: May 05, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »
SOLD

Well, my short-lived Crossfire experiment is coming to an end, but my loss could be your gain.

Since Crossfires are weird and rare, and people generally don't know much about them, here's a quick list of the car's pros and cons:

Pros:
  • 330 hp... or maybe more. The SRT-6 is a mechanical twin of the Mercedes SLK32 AMG, which had 350 hp. The SRT-6's motor is believed to be identical to the SLK32's, only advertised as being less powerful to avoid ruffling AMG's feathers.

You're not going to get an autocross car that's this fast in a straight line for any cheaper than this car; I've driven Tom G's 426 hp Camaro, and it doesn't feel meaningfully stronger in a straight line than mine does.
  • It's very competitive on the right course. I came in third on PAX at Event 1 at Fort Macleod, and fourth at the April 22 practice at YYC.
  • It's unique -- I've gotten more comments about it in my short period of ownership than I have on any other car I've ever owned.
  • It's cheap. Did I mention it's cheap?

Cons:
  • It's an automatic, as SRT-6s only came as automatics. It does all the right things at Fort Macleod, but got a bit confused by the back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back slow turns on today's course. (I counted them on the course map.)
  • It has an open differential. This helps it rotate nicely under power, but it doesn't put power down well exiting the aforementioned slow turns.
  • It's a bit scruffy. There's some scuffing in the paint, particularly on the rear bumper, and the cupholder doesn't latch shut. It has a slow transmission fluid leak that we haven't yet been able to trace.

The car has the following modifications:

• Bridgestone RE-71R tires, bought new at the beginning of the season. 235/40R18 in front, 275/35R18 in back. I also have a spare set of 255/35R18 RE-71Rs that I bought for the front of the car, but that I couldn't get mounted.
  • Wheel stud conversion -- the car comes stock with wheel bolts, which are a hassle.

I'm selling the car because I want a car that can win PAX on any given day, and I don't quite think this car is quite there. It's pretty close though, and probably more competitive than 80% of the cars that show up to our local events, as demonstrated by my PAX finishes. For context on how picky I am about being in a competitive car, I recently turned down a great deal on a fully-prepped autocross car because it had a sunroof, and I didn't want the extra weight.

The car's a 2005 with 42,5xx miles (68,5xx km). I'm into this car for something between $16k and $17k. I'm willing to sell it with all of the parts for $13k firm. I could probably get that much for the car in stock trim, but I'd rather sell it as it sits to an autocrosser. Also willing to consider trades -- not necessarily just for autocross cars.

Interested? Questions? Email me (my first name and last name from my signature @live.com) or text me at 403-nine-one-nine-3148.

Thanks!
Steve
Stephen Hui

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online