Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Robertshaw Racing Simulators  (Read 5378 times)

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Robertshaw Racing Simulators
« on: January 08, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »
There' a new outfit in town oppening up that will be offering high quality full motion, very realistic racing simulators available for rent to the general public as well as racing instruction. They'll have individual, friends and corporate/team building sims for booking. Looks like they're going to have open wheel, grand touring and stock car options for the sims. I've never tried out their sims in particular but have tried the ones at Dream Racing in Las Vegas which were incredibly challenging, nothing like playing Forza or Gran Turismo at home.

They're going to be having an open house Saturday January 24th from 10:00 AM to 4:00PM and Sunday from 10:00Am to 4:00PM.

Check out the website (www.robertshawracing.com) for more informaiton.

Pricing List

Group Info (Racer)

Group Info (Non-Racer)

I thought it might be fun to try to organize a group booking for a few hours.

Please note that I am not in any way affiliated with Robertshaw Racing.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Stuart

• That cone is still in the box!
  • Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
Re: Robertshaw Racing Simulators
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:35:38 PM »
If you really want to separate me from my money I could probably be convinced to join in on a group race.

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 03:43:04 PM »
Hahah no shortages of places to spend money.

I'm thinking of checking out the open house and then maybe setting up a group event.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

James@SpecR

• WTB: Driving Skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »
Oooooo if only I had money for entertainment.

Damn you racekar.

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 03:55:34 PM »

Damn you racekar.

Work with the theory that the simulator will prevent excessive wear of your racecar, therefore you will be saving you money.  8)

James@SpecR

• WTB: Driving Skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »

Damn you racekar.

Work with the theory that the simulator will prevent excessive wear of your racecar, therefore you will be saving you money.  8)

But racekar needs brakes and more cooling work for next year  >:(

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 05:01:59 PM »
I know the feeling, I need to get a muffler installed for Ice Dice (and autocross)  I have a feeling that the straight through Magnaflow that is on it puts out somewhere in the mid to high 90's (or possibly more, it's just loud)

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »
But but but...... Driver Mod > Car Mod   right  ;D
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 05:39:45 PM »
I went down to the Race Room today for their open house to check it out and was blown away. I got to meet Blair, Jess and Zac and what a stand up bunch of guys. The simulators they have are unbelievable, the components they use, the way these things feel/respond is amazing, very realistic. Had a great time and can't wait to go back.

I think we really should arrange for some sort of a group session I think it would be a ton of fun. Who's in?
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 09:26:14 AM »
The Race Room is now running head to head competition type sim nights, info below for anyone who is interested.

Get Ready! So over the last few months we have had many drivers come in. Some with race experience, some not. Many have requested that we set up some sort of competition for them against similar driving levels and experience so we have done just that.

Three nights a week The Race Room will have "The Weekly Sim Stig" driving competition.

So what is a Sim Stig? Well, that's kind of hard to put into words as The Stig means many things but for clarity and unlike The Stig, The winning Sim Stig's name and photo will get posted to our FB page and on our web site so all the public can see just how fast a driver the winner truly is. No anonymity here, plain, full on public disclosure on the winner and their accomplishment! Nothing humble about it!

Tuesday night from 6 until 10 PM we will run "Rookie" Stigs. A Rookie Stig is a driver (male or female) who does not have any racing experience of any kind. The competition format is as follows;

Minimum of 8 drivers per night. All drivers in the same car at the same track. All drivers go into a 2 hour session that includes 70 minute practice, 10 minute lone qualifier and a 20 minute race. The driver who does the fastest lap that FINISHES the race will win 2 hours of sim time the following week!

On Wednesday night, 6 to 10 PM its "The Kart Stig", same program but for kart racing drivers only.

Thursday night, 6 to 10 PM is SOLO and Time Attack night for drivers that compete in Solo and Time Attack.

In addition, our instructors will be on hand to offer up (at no additional charge) some driver coaching to ensure a close battle ensues between all drivers entered in the competition.

So now you and your friends can come into The Race Room for a few hours, lose the street shoes for race boots, get in the cockpit, sit down, get fast, get winning and get boasting!

Call or email us now to secure your place on the grid!

Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11444
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online