Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:18:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

7 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2015 San Diego Tour and El Toro Pro!  (Read 10620 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 San Diego Tour and El Toro Pro!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 07:20:10 PM »
The Grey's and us are staying at the La Quinta Inn ... which is the closest place to the site ... only a few minutes to the tarmac and most of the driving is around the west side of the site.  I notice El Toro is being developed ... buildings from the old base (WWII bldgs) are being torn down, earth movers, dump trucks etc. are all around the west side of the site.  Alas I fear El Toro is not long for autox since it will become a subdivision.  The recent (since 2008) recession hit SoCal hard and delayed the development of the site but it appears the construction has begun again with the slow recovery of the economy (which is still not great down here from I've heard ... and understandably so).  But the skies are blue and temps are about as high as it gets in Calgary in mid-summer so that is all good!   :)

jopete

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 09:39:33 PM »
hah!  +17 right now in Calgary!
Jo Peterson
2017 Mazda MX-5 GS red, #105

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 10:33:47 PM »
Yah......not much of a winter in Calgary ... They have been saying, even this evening at dinner, that they are getting mid-summer heat/weather here now ... must've been around 90F here today ... somehwhere around 30C .... hot day.....sweaty....

David, should be here any moment ... flying in from Denver....saw Jay and Orieta earlier this evening walking the course (Tom Berry design)....  |There are a number of gotcha's in there ... a bit of up and down in the course....line choice is all important and basically a button-hook turn at the end ... shades of Fort Macleod!   All the Calgary group should do extremely well at the turn-around!   :)

There are actually more people at the Pro (220 +) than there were at the SD Tour ... very odd since usually it is the other way around!   

I'll post some photos from today a bit later .... if I get a chance on FB.

BTW, we picked up our new tires around 3 pm today ... as well as some 110 octane fuel so we should be more competitive if we drive well tomorrow...   Ashley runs in the first group and Tim and I work first.

Check sololive for video, scoring etc.

Cheers!

Reijo

Stuart

• That cone is still in the box!
  • Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 10:03:31 AM »
Interesting to see a turn so close to the start of a Pro. 
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/SCCASolo
http://sololive.scca.com

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 11:36:25 PM »
Another brutal day .... Ashley got her runs first thing in the morning and then one of the three-piece wheels started to leak air so bad we probably could  not complete a run with it.  We took it apart between runs, re-sealed it, but it still leaked air ... more badly in fact.  In the morning we ran rains on the front ... pushed like a bugger ... and then rains all around for the afternoon......and then the bolts holding the driveshaft on fell off!

Good grief!

Anyhow, Tom Berry has the leaky wheel (apart again) ... and he will seal it and install the tire tonight ... thank you Tom!

In the meanwhile we also hunted around and found some bolts that may work on the driveshaft (some were bent).....so we have to bolt that together for first thing in the morning for Ashley.  We have 2 runs on each side to redeem ourselves ... provided something else doesn't fall off?   hahaha.....crazy.

Anyway, hopefully things will turn around tomorrow and we can get some decent runs in.

In the meanwhile David was finding Q-V's 240SX (with LS1 Chevy V-8 no less) a bit of a handful but I think a fun experience.....  :)

Ashley also seems to be getting adapted to the S2000 ...

Reijo

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 08:04:22 AM »
Shame about the car.

On the video feed, I noticed David lined about against the McKee RX7 at one point, and wondered if I was watching Formula D.   :o

threeotwo

• 2020 Member
  • I have a Hoosier addiction...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 08:28:12 AM »
Man, hope things go better for you guys today.  Fingers crossed for ya...
Cam
#192 AS Corvette

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0