Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:55:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

13 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2015 SoloPro Schools  (Read 13848 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
2015 SoloPro Schools
« on: March 11, 2015, 03:52:20 AM »
Date:  May 30/31, all day both days ... start at 8 am sharp (UNO)   Sat. Intro, Sun. Comp, Extreme both days.

Cost IS $330 per day (to be confirmed - we are facing some new cost with the low Cdn. dollar and additional government fees - CONFIRMED - MAY 11, 2015).

Intro, Comp and possibly Extreme.

If you have not done one of these schools before it is recommended to progress from Intro to Comp to Extreme although any of them can be taken multiple times to get even more out of them (like I did ... you are taught at whatever level or capability you are at and hence the lessons change to suit you to deal with whatever we need to work on).  You might also say, just like in any sport, you never get away from regularly practicing the basics and refining them continually!  Your basics must be firmly established in order to progress.

We are working on some changes to the curriculum as a part of ongoing development as we speak.

Info on schools here: 
http://www.soloprodrivingschool.com/

Also PM me (here or on one of the other FB or CSCC web sites  -include your real name and email)  to let me know what schools you are interested in, in order to gage interest.

R

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 SoloPro Schools
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:32:39 AM »
I've done the Intro once and the Comp about 3-4 times I'd really be interested in taking the extreme.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:04:49 PM »
I am in for Intro & Comp. I really need a brush up before I take a comp program.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »
Bump ... think I have to get word out about the upcoming schools and also to other locals who have not even registered on this site!  :)

We will see about getting some deposits to gage interest further soon.

Thanks,

R

James@SpecR

• That cone is still in the box!
  • WTB: Driving Skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 03:04:25 PM »
I am potentially interested in comp.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 03:08:41 PM »
I'll add at this time that the main reason I endeavour to bring these schools here is to help develop our drivers and get them to another level ... as quickly as possible.

In my experience I have found that the schools are very helpful in spotting some basic and not-so-basic errors that we make (and no one seems to notice at least locally) that are costing us time out on the track and during competitions.  In fact, I consider the schools an essential part or factor in us becoming truly competent in this sport of ours!

The system is very effective and, of course, being taught by US National-calibre drivers who know what it takes to get to the absolute top helps!  Sometimes even seeing and feeling what they do and perhaps what they do differently is an education in itself.  What should a 'really' fast run feel like?

What about all those "finicky" seemingly tiny, little things?  You know, those things that separate the mid-pack from the top?  :)  This is where you can get a handle on those!

And, finally, I note that locally we have started to do awfully well at the SCCA National level:  And I attribute this to a long series of Evo and SoloPro Schools over the years and people dedicated to taking them and not giving up.  The schools work.  You may or may not become a National Champion but, by God, I bet you'll make them work for it!   :)

Speaking of which, the Canadian Nationals will be here in August.  That might be an incentive for some to improve as much as possible beforehand.

It is money well-spent imho, of course, and I believe I can be unbiased while saying that.  You cannot go wrong with these schools.

So, join in, if you can!  The schools are here for YOU, first and foremost!

Reijo

James@SpecR

• That cone is still in the box!
  • WTB: Driving Skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 03:20:28 PM »
I'll add at this time that the main reason I endeavour to bring these schools here is to help develop our drivers and get them to another level ... as quickly as possible.

In my experience I have found that the schools are very helpful in spotting some basic and not-so-basic errors that we make (and no one seems to notice at least locally) that are costing us time out on the track and during competitions.  In fact, I consider the schools an essential part or factor in us becoming truly competent in this sport of ours!

The system is very effective and, of course, being taught by US National-calibre drivers who know what it takes to get to the absolute top helps!  Sometimes even seeing and feeling what they do and perhaps what they do differently is an education in itself.  What should a 'really' fast run feel like?

What about all those "finicky" seemingly tiny, little things?  You know, those things that separate the mid-pack from the top?  :)  This is where you can get a handle on those!

And, finally, I note that locally we have started to do awfully well at the SCCA National level:  And I attribute this to a long series of Evo and SoloPro Schools over the years and people dedicated to taking them and not giving up.  The schools work.  You may or may not become a National Champion but, by God, I bet you'll make them work for it!   :)

Speaking of which, the Canadian Nationals will be here in August.  That might be an incentive for some to improve as much as possible beforehand.

It is money well-spent imho, of course, and I believe I can be unbiased while saying that.  You cannot go wrong with these schools.

So, join in, if you can!  The schools are here for YOU, first and foremost!

Reijo

I have never had any driving instruction before, other than my dad when I was first learning to drive.  It would be nice to get some more instruction and perspective because I really like the sport and want to continue.  When I started lapping with track junkies they had someone ride along with me for literally one session and they said "you drive good, you can go out on your own" and that was that.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 08:00:37 PM »
I am sure you will learn a lot ...  I  have found even experienced people learn significant "stuff" if they have never taken a school before ... particularly a "higher end" school such as these.

Also, of course, this is not like driving on the street as you know.

R

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 11:38:02 PM »
I have taken every school (intro, comp, extreme) that has been offered since they started.  My viewpoint isn't the same as Reijo's.  I see it as an amazing opportunity to be given some very good tools and techniques for the coming year.  Will they make you a faster driver?  Only if you practise them and work hard at executing them.  If you are lazy and expect to be "made faster tomorrow", then you will be disappointed.

Jo and I will (as usual) take every course we can.  If I work hard and apply the lessons, then I can hope to be a bit better this year compared to last year.  Perhaps I'll win that National trophy some year -- or perhaps I'll get too old first.  The race is going to be interesting :)

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

rayray

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 08:36:25 AM »
I'm 100% down for intro. Also might be interested in Comp but finances might dictate what if I can swing that one.
"all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 11:45:44 AM »
Deposits will be taken on Motorsportreg.com shortly ... just putting the pkg together.

Reijo

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 01:45:34 PM »
Registration is open for the schools: http://msreg.com/2015SoloProFtMacleod

At this point, we are accpeting a $100 deposit to reserve your spot in the school(s).
You may select one of:

Intro school only (Saturday)
Comp school only (Sunday)
Intro plus Comp school (Saturday and Sunday)
Extreme school (Saturday and Sunday)
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 06:15:24 PM »
Signed up for Intro and Comp  ;D

(I am excited... so excited)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 03:04:06 PM »
Recently I was discussing these schools with Tim and he suggested having a "super" school consisting of the Intro and Comp with a total of 18 students allowed.  He figures that might work better for us and then we can also get 3 instructors:  Tim Aro, Jeff Janzen and myself.

He mentioned in lieu of the Extreme that he may bring data loggers for interest sake and to add a bit to the schools.

Tim, of course, is the owner and amazing instructor for SoloPro.

Last summer I worked with Jeff Janzen at a couple of schools in Winnipeg and Iowa.  He is a very good driver and also appears to be a very good instructor according to what I heard from students at both schools!

So, anyway, if you are still considering the schools, get your name in there and we will begin the final arrangements.  May 30/31 is coming quickly!   :)

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 01:45:09 PM »
OK ... I have finalised the costs etc.

Intro:  $330 (Saturday only).
Comp:  $330 (Sunday only).
Extreme:  Not offered this year.

This will be a "Super School" with a Maximum entry of 18 each.  Lunches are provided on-site and we are also looking at bringing some data loggers to play with in lieu of the Extreme School.  There have also been some changes to the schools in the curriculum as per Tim.

I currently know of or have 18 people in the Intro and 17 in the Comp.

Murray will be opening up the final registration on Motorsportreg.com shortly so you can pay your final fees (less your deposit of $100, of course, if you have paid that).

Deposits are still available until May 15, 2015....and will serve as a waiting list if nothing else.  If you do  not get in you will be refunded the full amount.

Instructors are confirmed as Jeff Janzen of Winnipeg, Tim Aro of Virginia and myself.

Questions, concerns etc?  Ask away!  :)

Reijo

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 11
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0