Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:58:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

24 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Packwood travel plans  (Read 7241 times)

Sprockett

• Global Moderator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • My cars = For Sale
    • View Profile
Packwood travel plans
« on: June 04, 2018, 03:14:11 PM »
I know quite a few people and planning the trip and maybe some would like to share travel plans? Always safer (though maybe slower) to travel in a group.

I believe Cam, Ambrose, and I plan to tow in for the tour starting Thursday after work stopping in BC for the night and arriving in Packwood on or before dinner Friday. Anyone interested to travel with us is welcome.

I am flying back to Calgary from Seattle on Sunday evening and returning Friday afternoon for the ProSolo. I may be able to provide a ride to or from Seattle for anyone that has a similar schedule.

Apex Carver

• Global Moderator
  • I Drive Like I'm New Here
    • View Profile
Re: Packwood travel plans
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:33:07 PM »
I believe Jared, Myself and maybe Tom(?) are leaving Thursday morning and trying to get there Thursday evening.
Chris S. #86

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 06:30:12 PM »
Jo and I are going early this year; Spokane on Wednesday and Packwood on Thursday.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Wayne Dyck

• 2020 Member
  • "If You Wait, All That Happens is You Get Older"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 08:08:29 PM »
Although I have not been informed of my exact planning for the Tour weekend, I believe it looks something like this...

Drop Kathy with friends in Kelowna on the way through on Thursday. Be in Packwood late morning Friday. Back to Kelowna Sunday night. Then a week of Island time.
#180 DS
"For the money, for the glory, for the fun... but mostly for the fun."

Type_Yarr

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »
Sera and I will be heading out Thursday morning.
Richard B

BrianHemming

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 10:03:00 PM »
Drop Kathy with friends in Kelowna on the way through on Thursday.

Interesting......Kelowna autocross Thursday night.  It's hilariously small, but it's fun (ask Murray - he's been).  You're welcome to co-drive with me in my H-Street MX6. 

We leave Kelowna around 3:30 am Friday ....yeah I know that's early, but hey it's 4:30 Alberta time  :P  Your welcome to join the convoy if you're leaving anywhere around that time

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 10:15:17 PM »
Interesting......Kelowna autocross Thursday night.  It's hilariously small, but it's fun (ask Murray - he's been).  You're welcome to co-drive with me in my H-Street MX6. 

Take Brian up on this if you can -- it is definitely a fun evening.  Usually hot, but something about Kelowna and summer... :)
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Bitters

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 07:34:50 AM »
Cool, I'm in Kelowna in August right before Solo Nats. I'll check to see if they have any events while I'm there.

BrianHemming

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 11:45:28 AM »
Cool, I'm in Kelowna in August right before Solo Nats. I'll check to see if they have any events while I'm there.

Every Thursday night in Kelowna - last one is Aug 23 though.  There is one in Vernon (40 minutes away) Sunday Aug 26.  PM me if you want details or find me in Packwood.

Wayne - I sent you a PM.

Sorry for the thread derail...... 

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 12:34:30 PM »
I'll be leaving Thursday morning from Calgary hopefully around 7:30am or potentially leaving from Osoyoos on Thursday afternoon with Ken P that's still TBD. Either way my plan is to be in Packwood Thursday evening so we can hit the T&T course early on Friday before the crowd gets there.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 01:27:17 PM »
I'll be leaving Thursday morning from Calgary hopefully around 7:30am or potentially leaving from Osoyoos on Thursday afternoon with Ken P that's still TBD. Either way my plan is to be in Packwood Thursday evening so we can hit the T&T course early on Friday before the crowd gets there.

Having tried various strategies over the years, I found the most relaxing etc. was to arrive on Thursday evening when there is hardly anyone there .. .plus you get a good pick for your pit area inside the building....although usually it is not a problem.  Being there on Thursday just makes everything less hectic and you can settle in before everything starts.   :)

sti-tom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
I'm arriving Thursday night in Sunnyside, WA. Will get to Packwood before Noon on Friday for T&T.

Sprockett

• Global Moderator
  • My cars = For Sale
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 04:41:19 PM »

Osoyoos ? Interesting route but adds like a couple hours to the trip?

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 07:34:47 PM »

Osoyoos ? Interesting route but adds like a couple hours to the trip?

Yah if I do the Osoyoos route I'd head up to Osoyoos a day or two early just to break up the drive a bit.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 02:52:55 PM »
Once we get to Packwood where does everyone intend to park/pit? Chris and I have always parked in building "A" as it's completely sheltered, the downside of that is that it's also quite dark in there and it's further from the grid. I believe Ryan, Wayne, Tom K like to park in building "C"? Should we make the orange star in building C the unofficial SASC Area?

Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online