Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:22:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Results for June 24, 2018 at YYC  (Read 2641 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
Results for June 24, 2018 at YYC
« on: June 24, 2018, 05:48:24 PM »
Scores for the day:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YqQNvsnJLz0xP2LdsjEsryjZpDUjJ2L2

Updated overall scores:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kaH75O-SVawnRKBefPhFjD6XbKCQMRIK

We had a great 3-way ND Miata battle today -- tenths apart one way or the other all day.  This is probably a good preview of our upcoming weekend in Packwood.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

rairdan93

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: Results for June 24, 2018 at YYC
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:34:23 PM »
Much nicer day today than yesterday!  Thanks Stephen for all your work in course designing and set up.  If there is one thing I could ask for is for the CAM cars to be in the same run group as the SSC cars in the future. With only Shannon and myself in CAM the SSC guys are our best competition for the Street Touring super class.  Would be nice to always have a level playing field between the 2 classes.
Matt #3  CAM-C  2005 Mustang GT

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 10:50:41 PM »
Putting various classes into the same associated run group isn't usually possible with the small number of cars at our events.  Let's take the street classes as an example from today -- there were 45 cars in the street classes, but we could only have a maximum of 25 cars in a single run group.  With 2 run groups, it is more likely to have the super groups run together, but even then, it is usually impossible.

2017 Miata (C Street)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »
2017 Miata (C Street)

rairdan93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 09:36:40 AM »
Putting various classes into the same associated run group isn't usually possible with the small number of cars at our events.  Let's take the street classes as an example from today -- there were 45 cars in the street classes, but we could only have a maximum of 25 cars in a single run group.  With 2 run groups, it is more likely to have the super groups run together, but even then, it is usually impossible.

Just to clarify I'm not knocking the run groups or order yesterday. I fully understand this stuff takes time and I really appreciate the efforts of those who do it. Its impossible to please everyone and I'm just trying to give some input from my point of view that could possibly make the classes with fewer cars in them more competitive. I know we don't have the cars to do individual classes like packwood or either of the nationals will do which is why I thought we went with super classes. At this point in the year we can easily tell who, or potentially who, the championship contenders are for each super class. If we have to go with 3 run groups again and have to split a class up like street class we should have the top 15-20 street drivers in the same run group. And the same with the other super classes which might only be the top 10 or 5 depending on class size. That way the top drivers(in super classes as opposed to individual classes) are competing in the same weather and track conditions like national level events are for the most part for individual classes. One of this clubs focuses seem to be developing drivers to potentially get to the level of being a top national level contender.  Which we have a handful in the club so we have a solid foundation already.  Entry fees may be cheap but preparation for the events and travel can cost some of us a lot of money. Its not fun investing that kind of money then losing to the competition because of weather or track conditions. And its not satisfying for me and some others to win because of getting favourable track conditions. For new drivers or car set ups it can be diificult to know where they sit but now that I have shown where my car and I compete it would be nice to always be up against the drivers at the same level chasing the same trophy as I am. My final standing yesterday probably wouldn't have been different if I was in the same group as the SSC guys but in future events it could definitely be a deciding factor which could go either way.  Thats just my view on the situation and I know others agreed with me yesterday. Some of us are definitely more competitive than others so others might not understand what I'm getting at. I think its doable to give guys the best and fairest competition they can have with out investing much more time in planning. I don't have the time or money at the moment to travel to more elite events so this is the best I get and I'm just trying to get the most out of it. If it is an inconvenience to do something like this then I fully understand. Like I said its impossible to please everyone. If no one agreed with me yesterday I would not be posting this. I just hate not speaking up and then having someone tell me in the future that I should have brought it up. Thanks again to all those involved in making these events happen.
Matt #3  CAM-C  2005 Mustang GT

Sprockett

• Global Moderator
  • My cars = For Sale
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 12:57:30 PM »
Good feedback.

I think one of the difficulties in splitting the groups that we have is ensuring there is experienced people to work certain positions during each heat.

Midnightsky

• :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »
Good feedback.

I think one of the difficulties in splitting the groups that we have is ensuring there is experienced people to work certain positions during each heat.

And experienced people to help new drivers.
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 03:41:36 PM »
Yep, I'm the guy who assigns run groups, and I'll make an effort to keep the superclasses together next event to the extent possible within the other constraints (equally sized heats, enough experienced people in each heat, etc.).

Keep in mind too that the non-Street superclass always runs together at two-heat events, while Street is always split up (because there are more Street drivers than non-Street).
Stephen Hui

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 07:30:24 AM »
Sound logs attached
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport