Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

13 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Nominations for SASC President  (Read 244 times)

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Nominations for SASC President
« on: October 11, 2018, 10:37:32 AM »
As per details in this post: http://forums.sascsolo.com/index.php?topic=1245.msg9855;topicseen#new

This is the page for nominating the 2019 SASC President.

Executive nomination requirements
- Nominees must be a full member in good standing for a minimum of 12 months
- Self nomination will be allowed
- People may only be nominated (self-nomination or nominations by others) for one executive position
- Nominations close 21 days prior to the AGM (November 3, 2018)
- Nominees must post on 'Members Only' forum section their experience / qualifications, along with their enthusiasm for betterment of the club, in conjunction with their nomination. No qualifying post, the nomination is void. Allows for other members to consider their votes for their preferred nominee prior to AGM.
- Current executives are also able to be nominated and re-elected for 2019

Duties of the President
o   supervises the affairs of the Board,
o   when present, chairs all meetings of the Club and the Board;
o   is an ex officio member of all Committees, except the Nominating Committee;
o   acts as the spokesperson for the Club;
o   chairs the Executive Committee; and carries out other duties assigned by the Board.

There are other duties the president is responsible for and there is also overlap with the other executives, if someone would like to know more please let me know.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Re: Nominations for SASC President
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 10:52:11 AM »
I would like to personally nominate Adam S for the position of SASC President. Adam is a long time autocrosser both in Alberta and Ontario, he's knowledgeable, friendly and easy to work with, he attends our monthly club meetings and is always happy to help where he can. Adam is also leading our social media initiative. Adam has served as a director at his local autocross club back in Ontario.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Cagare

• Administrator
  • :|
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 05:05:20 PM »
I would like to personally nominate Adam S for the position of SASC President. Adam is a long time autocrosser both in Alberta and Ontario, he's knowledgeable, friendly and easy to work with, he attends our monthly club meetings and is always happy to help where he can. Adam is also leading our social media initiative. Adam has served as a director at his local autocross club back in Ontario.

Well, since I was nominated I guess I should give a bit of background. I am Adam S, I drive the White S2000, in case you don't know me by name.

I started autocross with CSCC in 2012 (I think), and participated in events through 2015. I spent the 2016-2017 seasons in Ontario, I won the 2017 season with Western Ontario Sports Car Association (WOSCA) in Ontario, but also got appointed Solo Director which seems to happen with that club. My appointment to solo director was due to my strong involvement in WOSCA with many suggestions that were successfully implemented.

Even though I lived in Chatham, while in Ontario, I always made our monthly meetings with WOSCA in London Ontario, which is about an hours drive. I helped run events, and presented several ideas (shamelessly stolen from other ASN and SCCA clubs) which we implemented. This has led to an increase in participation in that club's events. Although that club has been around a long time, and will continue to do so.

Some other background about me:
  • I've autocrossed with CSCC, SASC, WOSCA and CASC-OR Regional Series starting in 2012 to today, I have been heavily involved in club executives since 2016
  • Since my involvement with both clubs I attend executive meetings regularly
  • I've attended several club events in other jurisdictions including SCCA local clubs, Ontario and Alberta
  • My professional career is engineering, I have worked in municipal infrastructure, both in consulting and on the government side of things. I have held senior positions in Municipalities in Ontario which gives me a unique perspective which is an asset to the club.
  • I am passionate about cars, and grassroots motorsports in Alberta
  • I have been running the fledgling social media accounts for SASC (weakly lately) which has raised our profile with both Canadian and American Grassroots motorsports enthusiasts, helping raise our brand and exposed us to other locals also
  • I am a husband, and father with two young children

I don't want to make a lot of changes to things, I really just want to help to keep things run smoothly. Our priorities for the club should be:

• Obtain a new venue to run autocross events, and continue to look even after we obtain a new venue. Attempt some sustainability in venues where possible.
  • Continue to drive interest in our club through social media and other low cost forms of advertising, the more people we have participate the more advocates we will have for our sport continuing in the future
  • Maintain a safety focused culture as our number one priority for events
  • Continue running top notch events - This club has adapted lessons from SCCA and other Canadian clubs to put on top notch events. Let's continue to do this and be recognized national and internationally (mainly US) for our event quality and efficiency
  • Explore the opportunity to run unique events, like the FatKat Challenge, or potentially ProSolo type events in the future, where venues and funds allow
  • There is a lot going on with regards to motorsports development around Calgary, we want to partner with these groups to achieve items 1 and 2 above with regards to venues
  • Keep things fun while still staying competitive - Most of us participate for the enjoyment of the sport, but I want to make sure we maintain our competitiveness, which I think differentiates us from other clubs.
  • Maintain fiscal responsibility. While we remain a not for profit club we need to ensure that we manage our finances in a way that permits us to continue to operate for many years to come. At the same time we need to think about how future investments, done through saving, can help improve the club in the long term.
  • Finally, let's continue to be an open and welcoming club.

Of course, I don't intend to do this all on my own if I am chosen to. I expect that past executive members will stay involved, to maintain history. I also expect a strong executive team to be elected this year as well.

In the end of it all, I just really want to ensure that we maintain autocross events and grassroots motorsports in Southern Alberta. Even if I do not end up being President of this club I will continue to help in that goal any way that I am able to.

Thank you,
Adam S.

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 08:57:40 PM »
Thanks Adam!

Jackal

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 12:08:47 PM »

One of the nicest guys out there! Great nomination.
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13