Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:00:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Nominations for SASC Secretary  (Read 198 times)

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Nominations for SASC Secretary
« on: October 11, 2018, 10:40:16 AM »
As per details in this post: http://forums.sascsolo.com/index.php?topic=1245.msg9855;topicseen#new

This is the page for nominating the 2019 SASC Secretary.

Executive nomination requirements
- Nominees must be a full member in good standing for a minimum of 12 months
- Self nomination will be allowed
- People may only be nominated (self-nomination or nominations by others) for one executive position
- Nominations close 21 days prior to the AGM (November 3, 2018)
- Nominees must post on 'Members Only' forum section their experience / qualifications, along with their enthusiasm for betterment of the club, in conjunction with their nomination. No qualifying post, the nomination is void. Allows for other members to consider their votes for their preferred nominee prior to AGM.
- Current executives are also able to be nominated and re-elected for 2019

Duties of the Secretary
o   attends all meetings of the Club and the Board;
o   keeps accurate minutes of these meetings;
o   has charge of the Board’s correspondence;
o   makes sure a record of names and addresses of all Members of the Club are kept;
o   makes sure all notices of various meetings are sent;
o   makes sure annual fees are collected and deposited;
o   keeps the Seal of the Club;
o   files the annual return, changes in the directors of the organization, amendments in the bylaws and other incorporating documents with the Corporate Registry; and
o   presides at meetings in the President’s absence. If the Secretary is absent, the Directors elect a Chairperson for the meeting.
o   replaces the President at various functions when asked to do so by the President or the Board;
o   carries out other duties assigned by the Board.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Apex Carver

• Global Moderator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • I Drive Like I'm New Here
    • View Profile
Re: Nominations for SASC Secretary
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 09:59:52 AM »
I would like to personally nominate Gabe N for the position of SASC Secretary. Gabe is a long time autocrosser  in Alberta, he's knowledgeable, friendly and easy to work with, he attends our monthly club meetings and is always happy to help where he can. Gabe's enthusiasm for the sport as well as his fellow competitors make him perfect for the role.
Chris S. #86

diamondedge

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: Nominations for SASC Secretary
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 12:29:18 PM »
Thank you for the nomination Chris.

My name is Gabe N (or Gabriel N if you wish to be more formal).
I drive a blue 2007 Subaru WRX grocery getter at the YYC events.

Background:
My interest in autocross racing comes from university, as I was part of the University of Calgary Formula SAE team. It was during my time there that I met Richard B, Sera B and Chris S. Through them and my love of cars they fostered my interest in grassroots motorsports.

I have autocrossed with the SASC starting in 2017 and during my short time my appetite to learn and race has grown more and more. I wish to take my enthusiasm and give back to the club in a meaningful way by being Secretary.

I will draw on the past experience of prior leaders and I hope to enact their best practices and continue their legacy, to fulfill the duties of Secretary if I am elected.

Regardless of being elected, I am happy to continue to contribute to the SASC in as many ways as I can and I hope to see our club flourish as a community in motorsports.

Regards

Gabe
Gabe N. - 2007 WRX Wagon
2019 SASC Secretary

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)