Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

17 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: List of Clubs near Seattle?  (Read 4891 times)

Robp201

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
List of Clubs near Seattle?
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:29:01 AM »
Morning.
So after bringing my roommate and her boyriend to the Halloween event he is officially hooked lol. Huge thanks to everyone who took him for a ride along 
So the question is,  is there a list of all the clubs somewhere?
He lives in Puyallup, Washington. So about 30 miles south of Seattle.
Any help would be great.
I believe he has a 2017 (don’t quote me) mustang California special so also trying what class (looked on the list of classes but couldn’t find it. )
He plans to bring it up here next year to run as well

Shifting gears

• If it ain’t broke, modify it anyway
    • View Profile
Re: List of Clubs near Seattle?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:19:23 AM »

Apex Carver

• Global Moderator
  • I Drive Like I'm New Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 09:14:32 AM »
Paging @PedalFaster
Chris S. #86

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 09:59:32 AM »
Another club in the area (not SCCA): http://nwautox.org/events.php
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 10:26:27 AM »
You rang?

Seattle has a crazy abundance of autocross clubs. On many weekends it's possible to run all day Saturday and Sunday with different clubs.

As Dave pointed out, there's a local SCCA region: Northwest Region SCCA (NWR-SCCA). NWR-SCCA splits its events between Bremerton Motorsports Park (45-minute drive from Puyallup) and Hampton Mills in Packwood (two-hour drive, but worth the trip, as it's roughly double the size of YYC). NWR-SCCA is the most serious local club, and it hosts two national-level events at Packwood every year that many of us go to: a Championship Tour and a Pro Solo.

Next up is the Western Washington Sports Car Council (WWSCC, or "Dub-Dub"). Most of WWSCC's organizers are also SCCA folks, but WW events are a little more casual. WWSCC has its own non-SCCA car classing system. In addition to the sites listed above, WWSCC also runs at Sanderson Field, which is about an hour away from Puyallup.

Yet more casual is the Bremerton Sports Car Club (BSCC). While many of the BSCC's organizers also run with the two previously mentioned clubs, it draws from a different, much more casual pool of participants. BSCC also has its own classing system. Note that new housing construction is encroaching on Bremerton Motorsports Park, so I'm told it's significantly smaller and less appealing a venue than it used to be -- I think they're down to a single runway, albeit one that's significantly wider than Fort Macleod's.

The Porsche Club of America's Pacific Northwest Region (PCA) mostly holds events at Bremerton. PCA's events are super relaxed, which can be good or bad, depending on what you're looking for. You need to be invited by a PCA member to attend a PCA event, but that's pretty easy given that a lot of PCA members also run with the aforementioned clubs. All non-Porsches run in a single group at PCA events.

Speaking of the PCA, its driver skills days are, in my opinion, the single best way to learn the basics of autocross. Your roommate's boyfriend should try to get into one. They tend to sell out.

Last but not least in the immediate Seattle area is Evergreen Speedway. If you've ever done autocross in the Forza Xbox game, that's what you can expect at Evergreen Speedway -- an autocross-like event on an oval track, complete with walls. There's near-zero overlap between the people who run in the clubs listed above and those who run at Evergreen Speedway; it's mostly (all?) novices.

Further afield, Oregon Region SCCA runs events at Packwood, and also at Portland International Raceway (a bit more than two hours from Puyallup).

Lots of Seattlites make the three-hour drive north to run with the VCMC. The VCMC runs at a lot in Pitt Meadows, south of Vancouver, which is about the same size as YYC.

Last but not least, some people run with the University of British Columbia Sports Car Club, but I haven't, so I don't know anything about their events other than that they exist.

The club that Murray linked, Northwest Autosports Association, is an Oregon-based club that only holds one event at Packwood every year.

Note that Seattle-area events tend to be a lot bigger than ours (WWSCC and BSCC events often have 120-160 people). For this reason, NWR, WWSCC, and BSCC treat mornings and afternoons as two separate events -- i.e. if you sign up for the morning, you show up around seven, run until noon, then leave, whereas if you sign up for the afternoon, you show up around noon, run until five, then leave. You can sign up for both the morning and afternoon sessions, but you need to register and pay twice. You can typically expect four runs per session.
Stephen Hui

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 05:17:24 PM »
The club that Murray linked, Northwest Autosports Association, is an Oregon-based club that only holds one event at Packwood every year.

The only reason I knew about them is they are the only club (that I know of) that has built one of my timing systems from scratch.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Robp201

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 07:24:46 AM »
Morning!
Thanks for all the replies!
Figured someone on here would be on top of the clubs around there.
I'll pass all the info onto him

Have a great day
Rob

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online