Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

8 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: 2019 SCCA Championship and Match Tour schedules released  (Read 4452 times)

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
2019 SCCA Championship and Match Tour schedules released
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:43:44 AM »
Championship: https://www.scca.com/pages/championship-tour

Match: https://www.scca.com/pages/match-tour

As expected, the Packwood Tour is July 12-14, the weekend before the Packwood Pro.
Stephen Hui

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 SCCA Championship and Match Tour schedules released
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »
thanks Stephen!

Posted to the FB page with separate links due to the display/formatting on FB.

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 10:20:42 AM »
Unified West/Central Tour and Pro schedule:

Texas Champ Tour, March 29-31

Crows Landing ProSolo, March 29-31

Fontana ProSolo, April 5-7

Crows Landing Champ Tour, April 26-28

Spring Nationals ProSolo, May 23-25

Lincoln Spring Nationals Champ Tour, May 25-27

Texas ProSolo, May 31-June 2

San Diego Match Tour, June 14-16

Packwood Champ Tour, July 12-14

Packwood ProSolo, July 19-21

ProSolo Finale, August 30-September 1

Solo National Championships, September 2-6

Kind of odd that the two Crows Landing events aren't on adjacent weekends.
Stephen Hui

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 01:20:32 PM »
How many that have been to Packwood planned vacation between the events in the past?

My wife is teaching, and we have two small children (5 and 2) so they could tag along. I am just trying to sort out where I would keep the s2000 between events, if I wasn't co-driving with someone else, or where to go, or is it just good to stay in the Packwood Area. Or even if there is anything for my wife and kids to do while I am at the event. Any thoughts or past experiences are appreciated

There are a bit of logistics involved either in me co-driving and driving the family car down. The other option is me driving the s2000 down while my wife drives the family car, or flies with the kids into Seattle/Portland.

Gonna book the vacation time either way, just don't think the family would be happy if I hung around the area on my own for the week between events.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »
How many that have been to Packwood planned vacation between the events in the past?

My wife is teaching, and we have two small children (5 and 2) so they could tag along. I am just trying to sort out where I would keep the s2000 between events, if I wasn't co-driving with someone else, or where to go, or is it just good to stay in the Packwood Area. Or even if there is anything for my wife and kids to do while I am at the event. Any thoughts or past experiences are appreciated

There are a bit of logistics involved either in me co-driving and driving the family car down. The other option is me driving the s2000 down while my wife drives the family car, or flies with the kids into Seattle/Portland.

Gonna book the vacation time either way, just don't think the family would be happy if I hung around the area on my own for the week between events.

Yes, I have stayed in Packwood between the Pro and Tour a number of times and so have others.   Lots of parks and hiking etc. to do .... Mt. St. Helen's is a short distance away with it's pavilion etc. .... and Seattle is 2.5 hours away with shopping etc.  I have also brought work with me and done work inbetween as well as hike.  Absolutely gorgeous scenery. ...

You can also leave your car on-site (inside) for a nominal fee.

Some sample photos here:   https://2009sccapackwoodntandprosolo.shutterfly.com/

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 01:55:53 PM »
Adam, I've gone for just the tour a handful of times but this year both the wife and I are planning on going for both (we've both booked the time off work already). Plan is to spend the majority of time in the packwood area but perhaps a couple nights in Seattle during the weekdays in between. Now if I could only convince her to co-drive that'd be swell  ;D
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Shifting gears

• That cone is still in the box!
  • If it ain’t broke, modify it anyway
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »

Yes, I have stayed in Packwood between the Pro and Tour a number of times and so have others.   Lots of parks and hiking etc. to do .... Mt. St. Helen's is a short distance away with it's pavilion etc. .... and Seattle is 2.5 hours away with shopping etc.  I have also brought work with me and done work inbetween as well as hike.  Absolutely gorgeous scenery. ...

I am in the midst of replacing my tilt deck trailer with an enclosed car hauler, although i am only planning on attending the Tour event, if i were to stay for both would i have an issue finding a place to leave the trailer for a couple days where it would be safe in between events?

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 03:45:08 PM »

I am in the midst of replacing my tilt deck trailer with an enclosed car hauler, although i am only planning on attending the Tour event, if i were to stay for both would i have an issue finding a place to leave the trailer for a couple days where it would be safe in between events?

No trouble at all - just leave it at the site like so many others have and do.  The lot is gated and the SCCA people and others have mobile homes that they occupy during the week inbetween.   Like I mentioned earlier there is a nominal fee they charge. 

So, just leave it right where you park on-site - all week.

Jay (and others) has left his truck/trailer/car there regularly and has flown back from Seattle for the week to work in Calgary.

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 04:06:15 PM »
Here's a photo of the site before very many people arrived on-site (taken from SE of the site and up the mountain road) - attachment.  You can see various motorhomes etc. parked around the building on the right (that is the indoor pit area ... as well as the 3rd building over without the sides).  There is only one gated entrance to the site - sort of middle/top of photo.

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 07:30:32 PM »
Good to know that storage is a possibility, makes traveling in between a bit easier. Just have to sort out if we would want to drive two cars down or have the family fly in.

Or if all else fails, fly back for the week.

We’ve never hiked in the area or been to Portland and there would be time to do both.

Shifting gears

• That cone is still in the box!
  • If it ain’t broke, modify it anyway
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 05:20:14 PM »
Here's a photo of the site before very many people arrived on-site (taken from SE of the site and up the mountain road) - attachment.  You can see various motorhomes etc. parked around the building on the right (that is the indoor pit area ... as well as the 3rd building over without the sides).  There is only one gated entrance to the site - sort of middle/top of photo.

Thanks Reijo, well than I guess I just might as well stick around for the Pro event too and embarrass myself further that weekend too driving a car that is capable of much more than I give it ;D ;D ;D

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 10:42:25 PM »
Think positive!   Does wonders!   :)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454