Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:13:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Draft 2019 - SASC Schedule  (Read 6961 times)

Cagare

• Administrator
  • :|
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
Draft 2019 - SASC Schedule
« on: February 13, 2019, 01:21:14 PM »
Draft 2019 Schedule
1. April 27 Saturday - Fort Macleod - SASC Points Event #1
2. May 11 Saturday - Novice School*
3. May 12 Sunday - YYC - SASC Points Event #2*
4. May 26 Sunday – Fort Macleod - SASC Points Event #3
5. June 2 Sunday - YYC - SASC Points Event #4*
6. June 8 Saturday – Fort Macleod - SASC Points Event #6
7. June 15 Saturday - YYC - RASE Performance Driving School Level C1 Day 1*
8. June 16 Sunday - YYC - RASE Performance Driving School Level C2 Day 2*
9. June 22 Saturday - Fort Macleod – SASC Points Event #7
10. June 29 Saturday - YYC - WCMA Regional /SASC Points Event #8*
11. June 30 Sunday - YYC - WCMA Regional /SASC Points Event #9*
12. July 26, 27, 28 - Fort Macleod - Canadian Nationals
13. August 10 Saturday – Fort Macleod - SASC Points Event #10
14. August 25 Sunday - Westerner - SASC Points Event #11*
15. September 15 Sunday - Fort Macleod – SASC Points Event #11
16. September 29 Sunday - Westerner - SASC Points Event # 13*
17. October 6 Sunday - Fort Macleod – SASC Points Event #14
*Unconfirmed

Updated:  February 13, 2019 (rev. 1)

NOTE: Attendance for YYC events will be capped at 110 drivers.

Currently Budget will continue to rent the YYC lot to us as long as they own it. The City of Calgary is currently in the process of obtaining the land to construct the future interchange. This land acquisition has dragged out and we do not have an exact timeline on when the land transfer will happen. Once the City acquires the land, we will need to determine if they will continue to rent the lot from them until construction begins which should not be until mid summer at the earliest.

Full Package of Rules/Regulations and Championship format will be posted at some point in March similar to last year. We wanted to provide these dates so people could start planning.

Shifting gears

• That cone is still in the box!
  • If it ain’t broke, modify it anyway
    • View Profile
Re: Draft 2019 - SASC Schedule
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:45:25 PM »
Are there any practice days planned before and during season?

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 10:27:20 PM »

None at this time. We only could get a certain number of dates in Fort MacLeod and wanted to host as many events as possible. YYC practice events are a possibility but will decide when we get into it based on what I described above.

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:22 AM »
What do people think of using one of the days on the June 15/16 weekend for an event instead of using both days for schools?

The way I see it, events benefit eighty-odd people, while schools only benefit twenty-odd people. Also, the quality difference between YYC and Fort Macleod events is arguably much greater than the quality difference between YYC and Fort Macleod schools.

I figure we should squeeze as many events out of YYC as we can before we lose it. Thoughts?
Stephen Hui

Bitters

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 07:48:53 AM »
I'm all for using YYC as much as possible if it's available to us.

Rubicon

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 08:12:09 AM »
I agree with Stephen

Ryan S

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 09:02:11 AM »
Or have a 1 day school and then an event the other day?

Shifting gears

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 08:42:18 PM »
I understand all that....however....I think you might have overlooked the fact that a number of us club members don’t have “store bought cars with some bolt on parts” but have had extensive work done to our cars and do need an option or something to test them as we can’t just take it down the street and testing it during an event or showing up for an event in an untested car are completely pointless as I have also tried both and left us struggling most of last season to finally have it figured out for the last few events to now completely rebuilt and upgraded it to an entirely different car.
 Perhaps ask the question on the forum to the rest of the members in regards to this as I think you would be surprised by the outcome.
As to be honest I am disappointed to hear you haven’t bothered to really consider a practice event for those of us that have complete built cars.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 09:34:18 PM »
What do people think of using one of the days on the June 15/16 weekend for an event instead of using both days for schools?

The way I see it, events benefit eighty-odd people, while schools only benefit twenty-odd people. Also, the quality difference between YYC and Fort Macleod events is arguably much greater than the quality difference between YYC and Fort Macleod schools.

I figure we should squeeze as many events out of YYC as we can before we lose it. Thoughts?

why cancel the schools (better course designs available at YYC) but rather add days instead as you mention?

The schools are a long-term benefit to members you cannot get just honing around on the lot on your own and not taking schools to direct your efforts.  We had the first Evo schools in Canada here in Red Deer/Westerner at the big lot and have had something of the sort since every year and I would argue it is one of the reasons we have so many excellent drivers locally.  While I can't speak for others, I can speak for myself that they made the difference for me to get me to the national and international level of competition.

K.P

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 09:49:05 AM »
I agree with Stephen and everyone else who believes we should have as many events as possible in Calgary while we have the venue.

I understand all that....however....I think you might have overlooked the fact that a number of us club members don’t have “store bought cars with some bolt on parts” but have had extensive work done to our cars and do need an option or something to test them as we can’t just take it down the street and testing it during an event or showing up for an event in an untested car are completely pointless as I have also tried both and left us struggling most of last season to finally have it figured out for the last few events to now completely rebuilt and upgraded it to an entirely different car.
 Perhaps ask the question on the forum to the rest of the members in regards to this as I think you would be surprised by the outcome.
As to be honest I am disappointed to hear you haven’t bothered to really consider a practice event for those of us that have complete built cars.

It is your choice to run a car as heavily modified as yours is. Everyone knows once you leave the Street & ST classes you are going to spend just as much time wrenching as you do driving. ;D
The club hosts monthly meetings for a reason. If you have an opinion about things you should show up to a meeting or two, instead of complaining on the forum.

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 10:46:13 AM »
I agree with Stephen and everyone else who believes we should have as many events as possible in Calgary while we have the venue.

The club hosts monthly meetings for a reason. If you have an opinion about things you should show up to a meeting or two, instead of complaining on the forum.

Like whether or not we should host an event instead of a school?
/thread?

I think both points are valid, but yeah, showing up at a meeting to discuss is great, if you can. For those that can't measured feedback is still welcomed here. Comments like the ones in this thread will be discussed at the next meeting. Let's just not get snippy about it with each other here.

Shifting gears

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 10:49:54 AM »

It is your choice to run a car as heavily modified as yours is. Everyone knows once you leave the Street & ST classes you are going to spend just as much time wrenching as you do driving. ;D

Im assuming you don’t intend on starting a pissing match.

I have been to a couple meetings but am not able to attend as many as I would like.

An OPEN FORUM is there for members to voice opinions, ideas or concerns, if my comment upsets you than don’t read it or don’t have an open forum.

🤨🤨🤨

nnywg

• My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 11:45:22 AM »
Holy off topic batman. 
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

rairdan93

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 01:57:24 PM »

Hopefully the lscc will be able to fit some days in with some of our fort macleod events. I personally really enjoyed racing with both clubs in one weekend and had lots of time to play with my settings during the lscc event.

I have mixed thoughts about the schools being at calgary. I agree with Reijo that they can really benefit those who attend. We put 48 runs on my car during last years school. Worth every penny. But with yyc being a time sensitive lot I think we should try to benefit more drivers. Also to consider is the layout of yyc is “the closest”  we get to packwood and lincoln (not the pavement unfortunetly) so it might not hurt to have a school there again. Just my 2 cents. I’m just pumped to see yyc on the schedule for now. Wish we had more 2 day fort macleod events on the schedule.
Matt #3  CAM-C  2005 Mustang GT

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 04:08:13 PM »
I think all but one, maybe two weekends, LSCC is running events the opposite day of us in Fort MacLeod, so there should be opportunity to do both events in the weekend.

Main reason we had to cut practices out was that Fort MacLeod wouldn't allow us to host that many events between us and LSCC. So we had a choice, either host Nationals, or have practice events. We chose to host Nationals. We want to be considerate of LSCC, and I hope that members of our club support their events those weekends, even just to get the extra seat time.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11452
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9