Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:57:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

18 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Sound steward  (Read 1716 times)

kaho

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Sound steward
« on: June 13, 2019, 10:51:23 PM »
Hello all,

It's been a while since going back out again. Will see you all at red deer this Saturday, hopefully.

I have chosen to run sound meter that day. To minimize any predicaments come race day, anyone care to give me a quick refresher on how to operate the meter, or anything related to the work assignment?

Thanks in advance.

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sound steward
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:18:12 PM »
Hello all,

It's been a while since going back out again. Will see you all at red deer this Saturday, hopefully.

I have chosen to run sound meter that day. To minimize any predicaments come race day, anyone care to give me a quick refresher on how to operate the meter, or anything related to the work assignment?

Thanks in advance.

Hi There,

I have assumed the role of Sound Steward for the club, and I'll be happy to give you the breakdown before the event starts. I will set the station up in a location that should reasonably be able to catch the cars at full throttle.

Some of the changes that were recently implemented make the setup of the device and the recording of the logs significantly easier.  The sound meter has the settings taped to the front of it, so just be sure to reset these settings when the unit self powers down. I use the "High Hold" on the meter to capture the reading,  and simply reset that for every car. The log sheet has been revised to make it easier to capture,  and has the legend at the top for what to call in.

In short, catch a reading, record the reading and call in a warning if the car is between 91dB and 92.9dB,  and call in a blow over if its 93dB+.

I'm in car number 4, and will be the dude with the big moustache. We can go over the station and its setup together if you like.

Thanks

Duane
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

kaho

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 02:16:30 PM »
Sorry Duane. Car acted up on my drive home last night right before I started packing for today. Check engine light came on for idle air control. Knowing that from now well into next month I will be using it heavily I needed to address it. Went well into 3AM and I still haven't resolved the issue.

Wedding's coming and time is running thin, I'll come for your help if I manage to come out before August but otherwise we will meet after then.

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 11:59:10 AM »
Hi Team,

I will be absent this next event and will need to ask someone to step forward and setup the sound for it. 

The instructions on setup are available in the binders (In the backpack) and taped to the back of the clipboard (also in the backpack). Previous events are on the back of the paper stack on the clipboard, and can be used as an example on how to setup the sheets, however they are pretty self explanatory.

Sera and Richard have the backpack with everything needed, and I'm available for questions for whomever decides to volunteer.

Many thanks ahead of time for the person that decides to take this on.  Oh yeah.... did I mention that running sound means no running for cones?
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18