Forum > Driving Discussion

New Car: Suggestions?

(1/2) > >>

NickST:
Yo! How is my favorite club doing these days!   ;D

I was hoping to get some opinions on a new car, I am looking at picking up something fun for next spring. The two I was debating between were the BMW M2 Competition (w/ manual) and the Civic Type R.

Just wondering which one you guys think is generally more competitive for AutoX (assuming they are both on the same brand of tires).

PedalFaster:

--- Quote from: NickST on June 28, 2019, 12:41:30 PM ---Just wondering which one you guys think is generally more competitive for AutoX (assuming they are both on the same brand of tires).
--- End quote ---

This one's easy -- the Type R is *much* more competitive in Street trim. The Type R is one of the cars to have, if not the car to have, in D Street. Conversely, while the regular M2 is competitive in B Street, the M2 Competition was placed in A Street, where it's not really a great choice against the Z06 Corvettes and Ryan in his Cayman.

DS also arguably has a softer index than AS, if your local club races using PAX.

PaulT:
Nick, come back for the Nationals and tripod it. It would be nice to see you again.

JamesTCallaghan:
I would say the CTR is better for auto x but I still wouldn’t buy one.

NickST:
Awesome, I knew I could count on you guys for a quick run down on them!

Paul, maybe next summer if everything works out I will be around in the summer with a new toy! Haha. Fingers crossed.

James, any reason you'd avoid the Type R. I know the styling is polarizing, but I kind of dig it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version