Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:55:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

22 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Results for July 6, 2019 SASC Event #6 - Airdrie  (Read 2707 times)

Type_Yarr

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Results for July 6, 2019 SASC Event #6 - Airdrie
« on: July 06, 2019, 08:25:39 PM »
Here's the scores for event #6. Thanks for everyone's hard work in putting it on!
Richard B

ZiG

• Locost 7 #303
    • View Profile
Re: Results for July 6, 2019 SASC Event #6 - Airdrie
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 09:24:49 PM »
Would it be possible to see the sound log from the morning? Blew a 95 on run 3, but I'm curious what it was in the first two...

kaho

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 11:04:56 PM »
Thanks for the quick upload!

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 11:32:05 AM »
Would it be possible to see the sound log from the morning? Blew a 95 on run 3, but I'm curious what it was in the first two...

I’m out for the day, but I’ll be posting it when I get home this evening.

Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 09:41:45 AM »
 It was a long out of town outing so I'm posting them now. 

Firstly a little preamble though. 

The sound setup was run initially about 65 ft off the driving line,  and within the first few runs (read; first group, first run, first few cars) of cars  we are familiar with the sound levels with,  we determined that the readings were consistently high by a few dB.  At that point we added 5 feet to the measured distance, and by the second run our baseline cars seemed more in line with previous event measurements.

The second group of more modified cars seemed to be reading higher in general, however when I  compared to my cars sound from saturday (Also in second group) to previous events I was on par. My car likely has more runs on sound this year than any,  as I have run baseline tests outside the city on a couple occasions to test the setup, my car, and fixes I've done to my car because of it's sound level.

For the second set we moved the sound station back an additional 30~ feet do to changes in the course and how open it had gotten at the finish. This brought the measurements to 50 feet from the pavement edge irrespective of where the edge of the course is on the pavement. Since these changes were made on a live track, I wasn't able to get the exact distance from the driving line,  but I would put it in the range of 85-95 ft.

To move forward the 50 feet from the pavement standard will likely be standard we follow.  I encourage all to recognize that dependant on where the exit is on the course from one event to the next,  that location can add or remove an additional 20-30ft to the measurement at a venue like Airdrie. That extra 20-30 feet can create variations in measurements of your specific car at the same venue. If your car is blowing high 80's and into the 90's, I recommend that preparations be made ahead of time to add sound deadening to an exhaust if needed. I'd be happy to share how I did mine (easily added and removed between runs) if ideas are needed,  and I have a ton of wire grating that I encourage you to come get from me to get it out of my garage.

Sound measurements have a lot of variables including (but not limited to) altitude, humidity, cloud cover, temperature, barometric pressure, wind, course setup, amount of grass vs pavement between the car and sound and safety of the sound team. We can see changes occur as the weather changes through the course of one event.

All that said and done.  Here's the results. A black box beside your run indicates a warning (top box), or a mechanical change needed (bottom box).

Sound by Duane Jacka, on Flickr
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

rx7racerca

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
  • Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's all looks, no go...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 11:01:28 AM »
It seems clear I need to modify my exhaust to be much louder; I'm really trailing the field on sound and times.
I'm thinking LS swap and straight pipes ought to do it ;)

Thanks to all who organized and setup
Greg
#89, '91 RX-7 Sport, STS

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »

Stephen Hui

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »
It seems clear I need to modify my exhaust to be much louder; I'm really trailing the field on sound and times.

Thanks to all who organized and setup

Shades of Daryl Evans!  hahahah .... do it!   :)

And, yes, thanks to the organizers etc. ... it was a great event!

Reijo

ZiG

• Locost 7 #303
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 03:17:26 PM »
Yikes. 95.7, and from the other side of the car, too! :-[

Thanks for posting. I've ordered a Car Chemistry muffler insert, which seems to have decent enough reviews. Fingers crossed.

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 12:43:32 PM »
Have I missed where the to date championship totals are posted somewhere? I want to sulk a little knowing exactly how far ahead Steve is from me. lol

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »
Wow, your timing is impeccable -- I just got the data today :)

July 6, 2019 scores: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13N1YlSLYKJbAGm7_KgUQlybvuf-EKM78
Updated overalls: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Az86-0pVbDJt0VCcDhUVv16-T-DB4z3L

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2019, 11:59:03 AM »
Wow, your timing is impeccable -- I just got the data today :)

July 6, 2019 scores: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13N1YlSLYKJbAGm7_KgUQlybvuf-EKM78
Updated overalls: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Az86-0pVbDJt0VCcDhUVv16-T-DB4z3L

Hey Murray.  Thanks for that and all the work you do keeping tabs on the championship. The sulking I mentioned earlier is minimal as I see that Steve is ahead of me in the championship by 1/10 only. Coming to get you Steve!

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »
Nitpick: the season points table says it's counting the best seven events, but the championship format was amended to only count the best *six* events.

Currently moot point since we haven't yet had seven events. :)
Stephen Hui

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22