Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:53:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: RASE School at FM - Sat. July 20 - LSCC  (Read 1735 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
RASE School at FM - Sat. July 20 - LSCC
« on: July 08, 2019, 10:55:19 AM »
OK - try again ... Trying to give you a bit more notice.   RASE School (full-blown) on Sat. July 20 at FM.   Stay tuned for registration info ... held in conjunction with the LSCC.   The timing is really good with the Cdn. Nats on the week after ... get a full day's school and get those nasty bad habits dealt with and maybe even learn a few new "tricks" for going fast!     Send me a PM  or msg. if you have not done so already.  If you  have not done one of these schools yet, do yourself a favour and take it - you will be quite pleased with the results based on previous history!

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: RASE School at FM - Sat. July 20 - LSCC
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 01:11:14 PM »
The old thread with info on the school is here on this forum:   
http://forums.sascsolo.com/index.php?topic=1093.0

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 01:14:56 PM »
So, why should you take a RASE School?

First a bit of history:   Back in 2001 I organized the first Evolution Schools at Red Deer (first ones  in Canada I might add!) at the north (the lot was a bigger and different layout back then) of the Westerner Grounds.  Instructors included Nick Leverone (Connecticut I think?  He is now road racing) and Ron Bauer (Seattle – DP MX5 – 2017 I think).  I do not recall if we had another two instructors or not but over the years we have also had Kevin Dietz from Seattle, Tim Aro (he was an owner at Evo before going out on his own with Jinx Jordan),  Gerry Terranova (Texas), Neal Tovsen (Minneapolis - SoloPro), Patrick Washburn (Wisconsin – SoloPro ), Glenn Hernandez (Seattle), Tom Kotzian (Portland, Ore.) and others.  If I recall correctly the first SoloPro school was held in 2008 at the Grey Eagle.

The similar autox schools have been held every year since 2001 and they have contributed greatly to our local autoxer’s skills.  In 2001, I think it is safe to say we were not even in the ballpark!  The car modification/classification rules were one reason for problems but really the big problem was that our driving was definitely not at the level I had seen at the Seattle (Bremerton) Tour in the previous year when I first went there.  I was amazed at the driver skills I saw there and knew we had to step up our game locally if we were going to run “with the big dogs” over there.

How could we get there in our driving?

Well, in 2001 the Evolution Schools were run by Jean Kinser and I thought that would help our region as a whole to rise to another level in our driving skills.  That was my goal – to help our entire region become better drivers or rise to another level altogether.

Now that is a long time ago now (my how time flies!). 

However, the schools are one key reason we have some very good drivers in our midst who have won at the SCCA Nationals and other National-level Tours and Pros (speaking of which, I’d like to see some Pros here eventually!).  There are also a significant number of drivers among us who have trophied at the SCCA Nationals.  Those are not “accidents” or just luck.  It takes hard work and training to get there.

If you are relatively new here, you may have noticed that some drivers seem to make whatever they are driving absolutely fly … seemingly faster than the cars should be capable of!  Or you can simply see that “some” guys/gals are freakishly fast!

Well, that did not happen overnight for sure but certainly the schools played a part in them and that is why I still endeavor to get these schools here locally so that we can all improve right up to the SCCA National level if desired!  We have instructors who have been there and “know what it takes” to win at that level!

If you are new, a driving school will yield you more time than any modification you can make to your car (typically).

For past attendees, I’m sure you know how old habits can creep back in despite your best efforts, and a fresh set of eyes on what you are doing is always helpful to steer you back on-track.

And, of course, this year I have modified the course design for better teaching/learning purposes.  So there is something  different to look forward to there also.

Naturally at these schools you get a lot of seat time … probably the equivalent of a ½ season per day.  Seat time, as you probably suspect, is always good.

Of course, instruction will be at wherever you are at.  This is NOT a novice school by the way.  However a novice can take it and benefit significantly (bring a notebook and pen to write down learnings).

Basically, we want you to become as fast as you possibly can become.  This is for YOU!

The timing is quite ideal as well within a week of the Cdn. Nats at the same location at the Airport in Fort Macleod.  This should brush up your driving and prepare you for the Nats!

Also at the Nats, on the Friday there will also be a RASE School but it will be in “mini” format and about ½ the time that a normal school (look at the SASC Forum, MSReg etc. for more info on that.

So, you want to improve your driving?  This is your best bet … jump in there!

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 10:52:02 PM »
We have a few people signed up (plus one unofficial) but there is room for more!

School in 5 days!  Looking like serious seat time for all.

Reijo

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11