Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

21 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2015 WCMA Regional Autoslalom Championship  (Read 8434 times)

majormojo

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
2015 WCMA Regional Autoslalom Championship
« on: April 27, 2015, 09:17:34 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the 2015 autocross season! Throughout western Canada, your WCMA clubs have a full season of events planned. There are autoslalom events within the region scheduled for every single weekend from now until October! A big thank you to all of the club officials, organizers and volunteers that make this possible. Their efforts are critical to keeping grassroots motorsport alive and thriving in western Canada.

I’m very pleased to be able to announce that we have a six-event regional autoslalom championship series scheduled for 2015 and that we have some improvements to the sponsorship and cash prize pool for this year.

SCHEDULE

Here is our 2015 WCMA Regional Autoslalom Championship schedule:

12 July - RDSCC Red Deer
02 Aug - QCMA Regina
22/23 Aug - CSCC/SASC Ft. Macleod (2 days scored)
12/13 Sep - WSCC Winnipeg (2 days scored)

This gives us a total of 6 scored days for the 2015 championship. Competitors will need a minimum of 3 events and will be scored on their best 3 events.

I have created and will endeavour to maintain two Google Calendars for this season. The first contains all events from all WCMA clubs and the other has just the Regional championship dates. Event organizers, please feel free to let me know of any changes to your schedules and I will update these calendars.

All Events:
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=di2edvubl2n7r9274tie7q7mg4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Edmonton

Regional Championship:
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=1v2nbs9okb49gb8vkpfmifa8vo%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Edmonton
SPONSORSHIP

We have an updated and improved sponsorship program from Talon Tire this year. This program has 3 parts:

1. Gift coupons for top finishers at Regional events

For each scored event, we will have 2 Talon Tire coupons available for $100 and $75 to go to the top 2 finishers (FTD raw and PAX). I will send the coupons out to each club to give away at the end of the competition day. If you're hosting a 2-day regional event, you will have 4 coupons to award.

2. Rebate coupons

All members of WCMA affiliated clubs are eligible to claim a rebate coupon from Talon Tire. The value of the rebate varies from $50 - $100 depending on the purchase. The coupon is downloadable here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64v-WnLWmt8ekVod3RpdzdSR09RWUNkR0p6YlJSYnhmY18w/view?usp=sharing

3. Contingency program

The Talon Tire contingency program is available to members of all WCMA club. Rules on the contingency program are in the document below. Simplified, the program is: Run Talon Tire stickers on your car and claim $6 - $22 per podium win in your class during the season.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64v-WnLWmt8Z09qb1ZmZHJhVm5jQ0ppZFVQbHhFN3E5MHBF/view?usp=sharing

Club members can combine one Talon Tire Gift Certificate with a Talon Contingency claim and a tire manufacturer’s Rebate coupon.

Complete rules for the redemption of the Talon Tire Coupons are here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64v-WnLWmt8OFJhMmluQ0ZRVlU/view?usp=sharing

CASH PRIZES & TROPHIES

For 2015, we will again feature cash prizes for the Championship class winners. The trophies will be awarded on the same basis as in previous years based on the number of competitors in each superclass and the trophy cost will be paid by WCMA. The cash prizes for the class (superclass) winners will come from the $5/entry levies from the events. That is, ALL of the levies paid by competitors will go into the cash prize pool and be awarded back to the winners. The more entrants in regional championship events we have, the larger the cash pool will be.

I’m committed to helping all of the clubs and competitors in the region to get the most out of this autoslalom season, so if there is anything that I can do or WCMA can help you with, please contact me at solosportdirector@wcma.ca
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

majormojo

• View Profile
Re: 2015 WCMA Regional Autoslalom Championship
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:50:25 AM »
A quick reminder for everyone that the first event in this series is next weekend July 12, hosted by RDSCC in Red Deer at the Red Deer Regional (Penhold) Airport. RDSCC does not use electronic registration. You can help speed up the in-person registration if you download your registration and self-tech forms in advance and bring them completed to the event registrar. Registration closes at 9.00AM SHARP.

Registration form http://rdscc.ca/Portals/0/Documents/05-04-14%2C%20RDSCC%20Driver%20Registration%20and%20Release.pdf

Self-tech form: http://rdscc.ca/Portals/0/Documents/05-03-14%20SoloSport%20Vehicle%20Technical%20Self-Declaration.pdf
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Tuna

• 2020 Member
  • KG not kg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 01:23:07 PM »
LF: someone from Calgary to bring back 3 bottles of oil from an Edmonton competitor at this event. Please send me a PM? Thx

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 02:05:11 PM »
A quick reminder for everyone that the first event in this series is next weekend July 12, hosted by RDSCC in Red Deer at the southwest Westerner lot. RDSCC does not use electronic registration. You can help speed up the in-person registration if you download your registration and self-tech forms in advance and bring them completed to the event registrar. Registration closes at 9.00AM SHARP.

Registration form http://rdscc.ca/Portals/0/Documents/05-04-14%2C%20RDSCC%20Driver%20Registration%20and%20Release.pdf

Self-tech form: http://rdscc.ca/Portals/0/Documents/05-03-14%20SoloSport%20Vehicle%20Technical%20Self-Declaration.pdf

This event isn't at the Westerner its at Penhold, which is very broken up tarmac.
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 03:29:58 PM »
Thanks Terry, sorry for the mistake. I've corrected the announcement post.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

k1l4m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 09:23:55 PM »
very broken up tarmac.

That doesn't sound like fun :o

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 10:00:13 PM »
Sounds like one bit of the Westerner lot yesterday.  A few big pieces were brought up near the sidewalk.  Less than ideal that's for sure.

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 11:26:24 PM »
I was at RD Airport/Penhold a couple weeks ago and I did not notice any chunking like I had a few years ago. There was a fair bit of grit on the surface, even though it was cleaned with a commercial sweeper the night before. It makes for a challenge to find the grip especially in the early runs.

Anyway, Red Deer is the perfect location to gather competitors from all over the province and RDSCC has a great bunch of folks running things. Their new venue at Crossroads Church has a lot of potential, hopefully that works out long-term and we can have a better regional site. For this year, RDSCC wisely chose to use the venue they knew, even with its weaknesses vs a new site that was at the time unknown.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

k1l4m

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 06:02:55 AM »
Good points, I am still looking forward to Sunday  :)

teamkickinassphalt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 11:27:45 AM »
I was curious as to how the point system works for these events? Where might I find the points tally so far?
James:
The Pylon Whisperer

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 02:54:40 PM »
I was curious as to how the point system works for these events? Where might I find the points tally so far?
In the past Jim has posted updates in the WCMA forum once he has received the results and compiled them.  An example of last years can be found here: http://www.wcma.ca/forum/index.php?topic=710.0

Points are basically the same format as the points for the various groups in our scoring.  ie. 100 for first and everybody else is 100 x winners time / your time.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 05:32:19 PM »
Jim is on vacation with limited internet access ... He was in Packwood for the Tour and then next weekend at the Packwood Pro ... so probably nothing will be posted for a couple of weeks for results from Penhold.

teamkickinassphalt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 10:45:58 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply gentlemen, I did fairly well on this event and am thinking maybe I should follow it through and make some more events. It was fun being in a different competitive mindframe than usual club events. Seemed to make me evaluate my driving level differently.
James:
The Pylon Whisperer

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 08:27:08 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply gentlemen, I did fairly well on this event and am thinking maybe I should follow it through and make some more events. It was fun being in a different competitive mindframe than usual club events. Seemed to make me evaluate my driving level differently.

It was fun being in a different competitive mindframe than usual club events. What was different ?
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

teamkickinassphalt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 08:58:43 AM »
It seemed different for me because we only had 3 runs to post a kick ass time that is part of a bigger event than just the one going on that day. That is the only way I can explain it. I am a super competitive person by nature and having an event that opens up to more than just the crowd I say good morning too that day put me into a different frame of mind.
James:
The Pylon Whisperer

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0