Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:52:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2020 Season Event Stewards NEEDED  (Read 2244 times)

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
2020 Season Event Stewards NEEDED
« on: June 16, 2020, 10:44:45 AM »
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

In order to take some of the burden off of our executive we're looking for 2020 SASC Season Members to step up to the plate and take on the role of 'Event Steward' for an event or two this season. Being the event steward puts you in charge of making sure the day runs smoothly. Some of the tasks the Event Steward is responsible for include:

- Ensuring there are adequate resources to transport cones & timing equipment to site and subsequently take these items back to storage/home
- Ensuring the drivers meeting starts on time
- Ensuring the first car out on course is on time
- Ensuring change overs are done in a timely manner
- Determining how many runs in the AM and how many runs in the PM in order to ensure we finish on time
- Dealing with any safety or weather issues as they arise

The event steward is typically one of the first folks on site in the morning and one of the last folks to leave in the afternoon. It's a fairly demanding and very important role but it has it's rewards, such as not having to fetch cones  ;). We need more folks to step up to the plate and help with taking on the event steward role, course designer role and also helping out with hauling cones & timing equipment if we want our season to proceed. If we don't have enough volunteers to help run the events smoothly we will risk having to cancel events.

At this time we're only requesting that experienced folks that have done several events with us in the past take on this role but there will be opportunities to shadow an event steward in order to learn for the less experienced folks that may be interested.

The executive have put together some excellent tools to assist the event steward in making sure the event runs smooth located here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KDmbFnzqgxGdMIYMlF8Bm8hrl5dq7_kI

2020 SASC Schedule
June 27 Saturday - Fort Macleod - SASC Event #1 - Adam S
July 4 Saturday - Fort Macleod - SASC Event #2 - Richard B
July 5 Sunday - Airdrie - SASC Event #3 - Richard B
July 18 Saturday - Fort Macleod - SASC Event #4 Adam S
July 26 Sunday - Fort Macleod – SASC Event #5 Adam S
August 8 Saturday - Fort Macleod - SASC Event #6
August 16 Sunday - Airdrie - SASC Event #7
August 29 Saturday - Fort Macleod - SASC Practice
August 30 Sunday - Fort Macleod - SASC Event #8
September 13 Sunday - Fort MacLeod - SASC Event #9 Bob S
September 19 Saturday - Airdrie - SASC Event #10 Tom G
October 3 Saturday - Fort Macleod – SASC Event #11 Gabriel N
October 17 Saturday - Airdrie - SASC Bonus Practice (weather pending)
Updated: June 13, 2020
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Cagare

• Administrator
  • :|
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Season Event Stewards NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 12:08:10 AM »
If you're unsure or uncomfortable with the idea of being an event steward I encourage you to go into the drive link and check out the event checklist. A lot of these items are done for you, and the intention is not for you to do everything but coordinating the delivery of each item and working to ensure the event runs as smoothly as possible. It can be demanding to do on that first few times, but gets smoother with experience. The more people we have that understand how to run an event he smoother we will be able to run these events in the future.

We really wanted to have a championship for our membership this year and due to the late start date we have had to set an aggressive schedule to achieve this. Given the past few months of "confinement" we also understand that there is a value in giving everyone an opportunity to get out and do something. While thinking of all of this we also realized that, mainly due to an aggressive schedule last year, we left executive members a bit burned out near the end. So as said in the original post if we are unable to obtain event stewards we may look to remove a few of our events later in the season.

I am even open to the idea of helping someone if it is their first time. The check list tells you everything and we will point you to the right people, the driving's meeting notes are in there, and so is the way we time our events. We would enjoy having someone use this information to run an event and then providing feedback on areas we may have missed. We really want to document the operation of our events and the club to help transition knowledge through our membership.

Finally, a lot of you already ask every morning that you are there what you can do to help, and that is greatly appreciated! I just wanted to make sure people didn't think that went unnoticed.

Richard will be assuming Steward role for Saturday July 4 (with assistance from me), and he will be taking it on entirely on Sunday July 5.

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 09:54:37 AM »
Bump! We need some more volunteers.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 09:19:16 PM »
Please put me down for July 18/26

We will be bringing this up again at the drivers meeting on Saturday.

We need some additional volunteers to be event Stewards into August/September/October. Both myself and Type_Yarr experienced a burn out at the end of last season and really need some help this year to pull off all of these events.

We wanted to put on as many events as we could because we had a lot of demand within the surveys we put out before the season. We really need some additional volunteers to step into these roles to help us deliver the remainder of this season.

Cagare

• Administrator
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 10:19:52 AM »
Bob S will Event Steward on September 13

Gabriel N will Event Steward on October 3

Recent

Members
Stats