Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:35:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

8 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2021 Steward Positions  (Read 119 times)

Cagare

• Administrator
  • :|
  • 2020 Club President
    • View Profile
2021 Steward Positions
« on: October 19, 2020, 10:40:01 AM »
Well, there was no where to speak about the nomination or appointment of Steward Positions for the 2021 season.

We currently have 6 positions, they are listed below. I don't believe that I currently have a description for each, so I will attempt to do that here.

Tech Steward
Responsible for both helmet and vehicle tech. Ensuring we have tech stickers and coordinating tech inspections on-site at events (when we are doing vehicle techs)

Safety / Sound Steward
This combined position is to act as the safety representative on-site (or delegating it when not on-site) and making decisions around course designs and event operations relating to safety issue. Also responsible for maintaining the sound equipment, ensuring there are batteries, and sound logs are recorded properly. Can also act in a training capacity for those that run sound.

Equipment Steward
I am largely unsure of this position as we have not had it filled for a few years now.

Novice Steward
Responsible for communicating and helping Novice's before, during and after events. This could include pre-emptive communications prior to events in coordination with the Secretary. Helping during the event by leading a course walk coordinating ride alongs or instructor runs. Then even following up after the event. The possibilities in this position are endless and this is about helping novice's learn the sport and encourage them to participate in the future by having a welcoming environment.

Grid / Workers Steward
Responsible for coordinating work assignments prior to an event. Once early registration is closed this steward then sorts out worker positions and emails the participants with their assignments. They can assist on-site on the day off to handle any different work assignments that need to be given. They work closely with the Event Steward and course designer in completing this assignment.

Registration / Waivers Steward
Responsible for coordinating on-site registration, while maybe not specifically running it themselves. Ensuring that we are filing all appropriate waivers and other files.

If you are interested in any of these roles maybe make a note here, or keep this in mind for the AGM.

Thank you

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8