Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Scores for May 16/17, 2015 event  (Read 6910 times)

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Re: Scores for May 16/17, 2015 event
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 09:16:36 AM »
Thanks Murray!

I had the strangest day ever on Sunday, opened up with a half decent 54.1 (but I hit a cone) and instead of building on that time and improving I couldn't even get back into the 54's the rest of the day. Couldn't get rid of the shakes/jitters and my driving reflected that. How do you guys calm yourselves down before a run? I tried taking deep breaths, music etc. etc. nothing worked  :(
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

LilDrunkenSmurf

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 10:07:35 AM »
Maybe it's because someone ran in front of you?

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 10:25:02 AM »
How do you guys calm yourselves down before a run? I tried taking deep breaths, music etc. etc. nothing worked  :(

It's probably different for everyone.  I go through my "pre-flight check" of seatbelt, parking brake off, A/C off, seat adjusted correctly.  When I come to the start, I try to think about nothing other than the course elements, paying particular attention to the first few.  And if you look at camera shots of me, I always take a deep breath, hunch up my shoulders, and let it out while relaxing my shoulders.  Didn't even know I did that until I saw some camera shots of me :)
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Tuna

• 2020 Member
  • KG not kg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 10:27:09 AM »
He was jittery before he even got in the car.

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 10:42:17 AM »
I had the strangest day ever on Sunday, opened up with a half decent 54.1 (but I hit a cone) and instead of building on that time and improving I couldn't even get back into the 54's the rest of the day. Couldn't get rid of the shakes/jitters and my driving reflected that. How do you guys calm yourselves down before a run? I tried taking deep breaths, music etc. etc. nothing worked  :(

lol.

Just put a bigger muffler on your car, and some pink flowers or something.  It looks and sounds like it wants to kill you and everybody else.

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 10:48:58 AM »
Thanks Murray!

If I feel less than focused I tend to try to get some fight-or-flight focus by hitting my chest and thighs a few times hard.  It may not be for everyone, but seems to work alright for me.  I also try to focus on a few key points on the course, after the event I marked them on a map and I will try to post it once I get home.  Less thinking allows me to get in a better rhythm.

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 02:34:46 PM »

Lol that was interesting but I can't blame my poor driving that day on the marshal.

How do you guys calm yourselves down before a run? I tried taking deep breaths, music etc. etc. nothing worked  :(

It's probably different for everyone.  I go through my "pre-flight check" of seatbelt, parking brake off, A/C off, seat adjusted correctly.  When I come to the start, I try to think about nothing other than the course elements, paying particular attention to the first few.  And if you look at camera shots of me, I always take a deep breath, hunch up my shoulders, and let it out while relaxing my shoulders.  Didn't even know I did that until I saw some camera shots of me :)

I also do something similar where I close my eyes for a couple seconds and take a deep breath, usually it helps but on Sunday it definitely didn't.

lol.

Just put a bigger muffler on your car, and some pink flowers or something.  It looks and sounds like it wants to kill you and everybody else.

:D I use a washer, bolt and wingnut to keep the exhaust valves on the muffler closed for events but for some reason the one on the passenger side fell off twice on Sunday.

Thanks Murray!

If I feel less than focused I tend to try to get some fight-or-flight focus by hitting my chest and thighs a few times hard.  It may not be for everyone, but seems to work alright for me.  I also try to focus on a few key points on the course, after the event I marked them on a map and I will try to post it once I get home.  Less thinking allows me to get in a better rhythm.

hitting my chest would of not helped me haha
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »
I only actively thought about the notes below.  Limiting how much I think about in a run is very helpful to me.  Everybody has their way of getting through a run though, maybe just experiment with a bunch of methods and see if one works well for you.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9