Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:36:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

5 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: AHS Update  (Read 1188 times)

Bitters

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
AHS Update
« on: April 29, 2021, 03:43:04 PM »
We've had some communication with Alberta Health Services regarding the running of our events.

The first conversation was with the enforcement arm (responding to our online form inquiry). It was their opinion that we cannot host our events in the current state of restrictions, given the size of the group and the competitive nature of the event. It was suggested we reach out to BizConnect to discuss, and seek a possible exemption.

The second conversation was with Bizconnect. The response was to simply forward to a different arm of AHS, and when prompted about discussing an exemption they said there was a miscommunication (and that they do not provide them).

The third conversation with AHS revealed they are unable to provide us an exemption for autocross events. I pushed for clarification on when they would consider it appropriate for us to return to action, and was told Step 4. I tried to push back, noting a number of activities that seemed similar enough in Step 3, but received a short non-answer type of response.

At this point, I simply wanted to pass along the information I've been given by AHS. If anyone has any additional questions, please direct message me on the forums, or join us for the monthly club meeting on May 12.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5