Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:23:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Feedback for Airdrie 2021 Championship Event #1 - June 26  (Read 2041 times)

John in Calgary

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Feedback for Airdrie 2021 Championship Event #1 - June 26
« on: June 29, 2021, 07:59:56 AM »
We'd like to start getting feedback on the course designs (and feel free to throw in event feedback as well) for each event so we can make improvements to our designs for future events.  I've attached a copy of the course map so you can remind yourself of what we drove at Saturday's event.  Adam, feel free to pipe in with your design intent if you like and what you ended up changing from the map after you got out there and started walking the final set-up.

To help feed your thoughts, here are some stock questions to think about:

-  what did you like?
-  what didn't you like?
-  how were the start and finish boxes?
-  any specific elements that stand out in your mind still?
-  do you think your likes and dislikes were specific to your car or level of car prep?
-  anything about the course design that you think affected the execution aspects of the event?
-  were speeds too slow, too fast, too much full throttle, not enough full throttle?
-  from our starters, grid workers and timers, anything you noticed about keeping the event moving

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback for Airdrie 2021 Championship Event #1 - June 26
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 11:19:28 AM »
I really enjoyed Adam's course, some of my thoughts:

- When I first walked it I thought it might be a bit too fast overall, upon driving it I thought the speed was very reasonable
- Start box design was pretty much perfect, long enough chute before the lights to allow people to shift to second, the dog leg right was wide enough to allow those of us driving a pill box to still navigate it whilst not really providing any benefit to a hard launch as you had to lift before navigating the bend. I liked the start so much I copied it exactly for Sunday  :)
- Stop box was more than long enough to safely slow down the car before getting back to grid. Entrance into the stop box was fast but critically it was also safe (no high speed lane change immediately preceding the stop box)
- Average time in the mid 50's was great as it allowed us to comfortably get 7 runs in

Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Tara

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback for Airdrie 2021 Championship Event #1 - June 26
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 01:24:21 PM »
I really liked the setup.
  • My only beef was the long trek to the grid, I felt it slowed down the day a bit (compared to having grid near the paddock, making it a tich easier for turnover between groups.)
  • Speed-wise it was great - fast and fun, with enough tight elements you really needed to get on the brakes
  • I'll echo the start box comment, it was great... as much as I'd like to moan about not getting to launch the car like a banshee. ;)
  • The stop box was very satisfying - easy entry and loads of space to slow
  • I'd love to have gotten more runs in, but the 9am gate opening makes that challenging with a hard stop at 5pm
A great way to ease back in after a few years off. :)
Driver of that weird Celica

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15