Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:52:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Feedback for Airdrie 2021 Championship Event #2  (Read 1112 times)

John in Calgary

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Feedback for Airdrie 2021 Championship Event #2
« on: June 29, 2021, 08:02:22 AM »
We'd like to start getting feedback on the course designs (and feel free to throw in event feedback as well) for each event so we can make improvements to our designs for future events.  I've attached a copy of the course map so you can remind yourself of what we drove at Sunday's event.  Tom, feel free to pipe in with your design intent if you like and what you ended up changing from the map after you got out there and started walking the final set-up.

To help feed your thoughts, here are some stock questions to think about:

-  what did you like?
-  what didn't you like?
-  how were the start and finish boxes?
-  any specific elements that stand out in your mind still?
-  do you think your likes and dislikes were specific to your car or level of car prep?
-  anything about the course design that you think affected the execution aspects of the event?
-  were speeds too slow, too fast, too much full throttle, not enough full throttle?
-  from our starters, grid workers and timers, anything you noticed about keeping the event moving

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback for Airdrie 2021 Championship Event #2
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 11:37:12 AM »
Didn't like this course nearly as much as Adam's on the previous day, some of my thoughts:

- The Chicago box was a bit too open in the morning and a bit too tight in the afternoon, need to find a happy middle there
- I did enjoy the apron/pad turnaround, it was a good way to utilize as much space as we safely can and led to a fast sweeper/turnaround with plenty of white space for line choice
- The angle of the stop box in the morning had a slight kink to it which wasn't ideal, this was softened for the afternoon and made for a smoother entrance into the stop box
- There was perhaps a bit of a gap in communicating the course changes made between AM & PM to drivers and course workers, this led to some confusion and a lot of cone carnage especially on first runs for people. I understand that had we allowed course walks it would have been very time consuming so this is just an observation
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online