Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

23 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Scores for July 25/26 weekend at Fort Macleod  (Read 12713 times)

James@SpecR

• That cone is still in the box!
  • WTB: Driving Skills
    • View Profile
Re: Scores for July 25/26 weekend at Fort Macleod
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 11:59:42 AM »
I didn't win the cone killer title for Saturday, as hard as I tried.  Womp Womp.

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »

Terry Johns

• "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

teamkickinassphalt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 01:36:31 PM »
Awesome pictures, would you happen to have any more of the Black Vette #131? If you wouldn't mind I would love whatever you had taken, this is the first actual race pic I have of my car. Great job
James:
The Pylon Whisperer

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 02:03:37 PM »
Awesome pictures, would you happen to have any more of the Black Vette #131? If you wouldn't mind I would love whatever you had taken, this is the first actual race pic I have of my car. Great job

I usually have quite a few spares: here are some other ones for your car

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/SportPhreak/library/Fiesta/SASC/July%2026th%20Event/Additional%20Photo%20Requests

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 02:37:33 PM »
You registered in a different class each time (ASP, STU, FS), so your overall scores will show you as having 3 scores, 1 each under SPREP, STOUR, and STREE groups.

If you were running the same car and class each time, let me know what your class was/is and I will fix it up.

Just thought I'd mention something here. The clubs in Edmonton and Red Deer both do some form of an open class that allows for drivers w/multiple differently classed cars to have a single grouping (or just compete with each other outside of the other classes). In Edmonton its "Open PAX" and is scored based on the PAX index of the car used at each specific event. In Red Deer, there's the AWS (Awesome) class with PAX of 1.666 for people who just want to have fun without influencing the class score of the more serious competitors. Both are good options for mixing things up.

Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 04:29:38 PM »
Just thought I'd mention something here. The clubs in Edmonton and Red Deer both do some form of an open class that allows for drivers w/multiple differently classed cars to have a single grouping (or just compete with each other outside of the other classes). In Edmonton its "Open PAX" and is scored based on the PAX index of the car used at each specific event. In Red Deer, there's the AWS (Awesome) class with PAX of 1.666 for people who just want to have fun without influencing the class score of the more serious competitors. Both are good options for mixing things up.

I have a concern with these classes, as it leaves the possibility of having vehicles with that would fall into Mod and Prep classes competing without meeting the class specific safety requirements.  If something goes wrong our insurance could be invalid as we are required to follow the rules as written.  Although it is unlikely, I would hate to lose a club because of something like that (and the liability that a club would be opened up to would ruin any of our clubs financially) 

Having said that, with careful consideration of how to monitor safety requirements it may be possible to create something that would still allow a slightly more "run what you brung" class.

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 05:21:22 PM »
The reason the RDSCC have the awesome class is the majority of people in the club have no interest in competing, which is why the club doesn't run its own championship, so they just lump the majority into the awesome class, it seems to work for them, the problem in Red Deer is it attracts a whole bunch of red necks who just want to thrash around, including several drifters who regularly turn up.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 05:26:41 PM »
A bit of confusion happening here.  Although you guys are calling it a class, in my software it is a "group".  I believe RDSCC has to use a real class in the axware software, but that isn't the case for M&JTiming software.  Some other timing software packages call it a "supergroup".

The group (or supergroup) isn't a new, non-SCCA approved class.  It is just a grouping of drivers together for purposes of scoring (and sometimes run groups).  e.g. instead of running with the STREET group, I could opt to run with the ASA OPAX group.  In both cases, I am still classed as BS and my PAX is still calculated as BS.

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 05:44:57 PM »
... including several drifters who regularly turn up.

They could lose their license if they allow drifting at an event.  Drifting is not covered by our insurance policy, nor is it sanctioned to occur at an autox event.

Stuart's concerns fall under the same umbrella -- we are restricted to specific safety (and other) rules, and we aren't allowed to ignore them.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

teamkickinassphalt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 06:45:46 PM »

They could lose their license if they allow drifting at an event.  Drifting is not covered by our insurance policy, nor is it sanctioned to occur at an autox event.

Stuart's concerns fall under the same umbrella -- we are restricted to specific safety (and other) rules, and we aren't allowed to ignore them.

Drifting is not allowed at any of their events. When a car is out of line the driver is promptly reminded that is not tolerated. They are more laid back group that is not overly competitive but they do stress there are rules are in place. I would say stereo typing the club as redneck is not accurate, they are just more of a social group.
James:
The Pylon Whisperer

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 07:11:12 PM »
A bit of confusion happening here.  Although you guys are calling it a class, in my software it is a "group".  I believe RDSCC has to use a real class in the axware software, but that isn't the case for M&JTiming software.  Some other timing software packages call it a "supergroup".

The group (or supergroup) isn't a new, non-SCCA approved class.  It is just a grouping of drivers together for purposes of scoring (and sometimes run groups).  e.g. instead of running with the STREET group, I could opt to run with the ASA OPAX group.  In both cases, I am still classed as BS and my PAX is still calculated as BS.

My comment was referring to the likelihood of people entering such a group and just selecting AM for their class.  Without a proper class listed it becomes tough to know what safety regulations they fall under.  For instance a Miata or S2000 entered that way would likely void our insurance due to the lack of rollover protection.  If done right (car fits in a class and that is noted) then it would be alright.  In the end the car needs to fit in a class ruleset, but how that class is then scored is completely up to the club.

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 08:12:28 PM »

Drifting is not allowed at any of their events. When a car is out of line the driver is promptly reminded that is not tolerated. They are more laid back group that is not overly competitive but they do stress there are rules are in place. I would say stereo typing the club as redneck is not accurate, they are just more of a social group.

I would say your perception of the RDSCC being a social club is very accurate, hey its different and difference isn't wrong, its just different. I think the RDSCC mantra "How big's your grin" isn't helping it attract competitive people, which is why is doesn't. As I said there are some wonderful people in the club and living in Red Deer I spend a lot of time with many of them. There just different  :)

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 09:16:12 PM »
I was going to hit up one of their events before our next SASC one. I've heard they get a lot of seat time, and I need the practice

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 09:25:56 PM »
That's quite correct, on average 7 / 8 runs, most has been 12

Recent

Members