Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

22 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Scores for July 25/26 weekend at Fort Macleod  (Read 12658 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
Scores for July 25/26 weekend at Fort Macleod
« on: July 26, 2015, 06:30:48 PM »
Saturday practise:
  http://members.shaw.ca/murray.autocross/2015/2015_07_25__scores.txt

Sunday championship event:
  http://members.shaw.ca/murray.autocross/2015/2015_07_26__scores.txt

Updated overalls:
  http://members.shaw.ca/murray.autocross/2015/_overalls.txt

As usual, let me know about any errors.

It was a great day, and I believe Sunday is a record for attendance at a Fort Macleod club event.

Kudos to Tom M and Tom G for great course designs.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Tuna

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • KG not kg
    • View Profile
Re: Scores for July 25/26 weekend at Fort Macleod
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »
I had a great time this weekend. Thanks to everybody who attended/helped out and made it a success. Great courses from the Toms.

Huge thanks to Nick for letting me finish the two afternoon runs in his car. I still need to give you some cash for that (maybe PM your email address?).

-Shane

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »
A BIG thanks to everyone who contributed to making it a great weekend. Super pleased with the changes I made to the Miata. Got keep working n the driver. My goal for the weekend was a top 10 YEA  8)
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

nnywg

• My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 08:19:08 PM »
Course was super fun today, and I'm glad we got started at a decent time and got plenty of runs in.  Someone's MR2 didn't make it home - saw it on the side of the road with no occupant just north of town.  I think my LSD is now just a regular differential, which would explain how I was getting wheel spin in 2nd gear and dropped 2-3 seconds of pace in the afternoon.  Very unhappy sounds in parking lots with no load on the axle.  Hope to make the next one in Red Deer...  :-\
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

teamkickinassphalt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 08:34:27 PM »
What a great weekend, a big thank you from Michelle and I to you all. It was a pleasure meeting the members I did manage to say hi to and look forward to meeting the others in the future. It was a steep learning curve and I look forward to the next lesson.

James
James:
The Pylon Whisperer

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 08:53:46 PM »
Thanks to the two Tom's for the great courses this weekend and to everyone else that makes this all possible.  Still a long way to go for the old Volvo - but hey, I'm not in dead last!  Pretty stoked about that. 
1981 Volvo 242 GLT
1966 Volvo 122 (long term project)

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 09:16:07 PM »
Thanks very much to our pair of Toms for the courses this weekend. A great mix of technical elements on both days sure made it interesting! Also, to Murray for getting the scores up so quick and your work in getting timing up! It is always greatly appreciated!

What a great weekend overall, lots of fun! I think I really need to start learning how to not hit cones though.

I had a great time this weekend. Thanks to everybody who attended/helped out and made it a success. Great courses from the Toms.

Huge thanks to Nick for letting me finish the two afternoon runs in his car. I still need to give you some cash for that (maybe PM your email address?).

-Shane
  Hey, I couldn't leave you stranded buddy!  ;D

Just get me back at the next event, 2 runs isn't much.

k1l4m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »
Thanks to everyone who made this weekend fun  :)

Here are some nice photos that somebody took:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130531646@N07/sets/72157656333653186

If you were missed, he said that he may have some more if you would like to contact him:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/fort-macleod-autocross-july-26th-2015/showthread.php?s=&postid=4475255#post4475255

And some more somebody else took: https://goo.gl/photos/4kn5Br3pdh6QSQ4j9

Terry Johns

• "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 07:13:57 AM »
What a great weekend, a big thank you from Michelle and I to you all. It was a pleasure meeting the members I did manage to say hi to and look forward to meeting the others in the future. It was a steep learning curve and I look forward to the next lesson.

James

Glad you 2 could make it, We learn by playing with others who are better than us. Hope you make it to FM again.   :)
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 10:14:03 AM »
Hi All,

Newb question here.  I noticed on the updated overall group/class scores,  it only shows my results for yesterday and is missing the other events I competed in (May 15th and June21).  I am assuming this is because I'm not a member.  Am I correct in that?

Hey @Nick,  have you uploaded your shots from the weekend yet?

Thanks

Duane
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »
You registered in a different class each time (ASP, STU, FS), so your overall scores will show you as having 3 scores, 1 each under SPREP, STOUR, and STREE groups.

If you were running the same car and class each time, let me know what your class was/is and I will fix it up.
2017 Miata (C Street)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 10:49:36 AM »
My fastest run on Sunday: https://youtu.be/SovZKBQntPY
2017 Miata (C Street)

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 11:02:16 AM »
Hi All,

Newb question here.  I noticed on the updated overall group/class scores,  it only shows my results for yesterday and is missing the other events I competed in (May 15th and June21).  I am assuming this is because I'm not a member.  Am I correct in that?

Hey @Nick,  have you uploaded your shots from the weekend yet?

Thanks

Duane

I haven't uploaded them yet... I am having a lazy morning right now, mostly researching what Koni's and SB's will fit on my car, haha

teamkickinassphalt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 11:05:31 AM »

James

Glad you 2 could make it, We learn by playing with others who are better than us. Hope you make it to FM again.   :)

It was every bit as fun as you said it would be Terry, thank you for suggesting it to us. We will definitely try to make it back although I think I will just drive the car down in street tire fashion and enter in AS class and just try and enjoy the moment. I want to give a big thank you to you Terry for taking the time to point out some helpful hints on the walk around.

I also would like to give a big thanks to Jo, Shane and Steve for letting me go for a ride along. It was fascinating experiencing the different lines and approaches of the different cars and drivers. Although it was less than 9 mins of total drive seat time the learning curve was very large and I absorbed a lot from it.
James:
The Pylon Whisperer

Jackal

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 11:57:13 AM »
You registered in a different class each time (ASP, STU, FS), so your overall scores will show you as having 3 scores, 1 each under SPREP, STOUR, and STREE groups.

If you were running the same car and class each time, let me know what your class was/is and I will fix it up.

Ahhhh.  Son of a gun....  that's an easy answer.  lol How I missed thinking about that... I don't know.  I'm going to sneak away and grab more coffee.  I apparently need it.

Thanks Murray
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22