Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:00:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2016 Montana events  (Read 15168 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Montana events
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2016, 01:48:21 PM »
Bit of a mixed day at the races.  Nice weather, and we did get in 6 runs each.  There were a ton of first timers, and the event didn't get started until 11:30.

http://greatfallsracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/expo-4-10-16_pax.htm

Jo drove very well -- 15th overall PAX out of 61 entries.

I was having a nice battle with Jonathn Mudge (FRS in STX), but he woke up and beat me in the afternoon.  And 2 guys in an STR S2000 (James Rowen, John Weinzettel) beat both of us by so much that it was painful.  I ended up back by 3 seconds raw and 1.5 seconds pax).  And all of this from being the leader in the morning.  Ouch :(

And the border dude was grumpy and yelled at me :(

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 10:47:48 PM »
Wow, way to go Jo! :D

Jmudge

• Not Quite DFL...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 12:29:32 AM »
Jonathan Mudge here...  It was an absolute blast to battle with you Murray.  Jo looked very impressive I must say.  There will be quite a few Helena weekends this year, so it would be awesome for some of you to come on down!  Don't worry about our pesky border patrol people.  They are never friendly.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 02:10:40 AM »
I agree, it was a blast to have such a close competition.

I overheard someone talking about the STR car, and apparently the two drivers were drifting (his words) through the back two corners before the first slalom.  Sounds like they found a driving line and style that allowed them to carry extra speed through those tight turns.  Guess we should have watched their runs more closely.

I plan on making it to as many Helena events as I can.  Great Falls is planning some 2 day events as well, which makes the drive seem less onerous.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

majormojo

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »
Nick - perhaps you have the same name as somebody who has been in trouble in the past?
I share a birthdate with someone who is on a national sex offender list. It's caused a few issues in various police/background checks for me, but never been a problem at border crossings thankfully. Once I drove a 32' motorhome through the commercial "trucks only" lane at a crossing from BC in WA (bypassing a huge line of non-commercial vehicles). The agent chewed me out pretty good for being in the wrong line but let me through with basically no questions at all. I figure I saved at least an hour in that lineup. :)
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11453
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0