Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:27:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Any Dates  (Read 1295 times)

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
Any Dates
« on: January 13, 2016, 08:41:43 PM »
Any update on this years calendar ?
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

nnywg

• My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
Re: Any Dates
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 10:09:34 AM »
Reijo, did Fort Macleod respond this week?
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 04:58:19 PM »
They had a council meeting early this week but I did not hear back ... Usually they write a letter ... so I would guess it should come soon ... have not checked the mail in a couple of days ... maybe tonight or tomorrow?

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 09:44:04 PM »
BUMP!    ;D

Any updates on dates for this year? I need to start planning my weekends around them!

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 11:35:22 AM »
Just got a call this morning from Ft. Macleod but missing it ... called back and left a message.  Will update as soon as I hear from them.  I noticed I had somehow got one weekend wrong on my proposed dates ... so have to deal with that.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 02:49:18 PM »
OK - just talked with Jill and we clarified a few points of operations for the events ... confirmed the dates, start/end times (10 am 1st run ... one local complaint has been early morning noise), porta-potties (notice this came up again?) and washroom use, fees (may go up a little bit ... inflation), etc. etc.  Anyway she is writing something up to present to council on this coming Monday night at the council meeting.  She will let me know immediately thereafter what will happen. 

So hang in there for a few more days and we will know what the season will hold for us in Fort Macleod.

Reijo

zero10

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 03:22:59 PM »
Thanks for the update - ignore my last email, this is the answer I was looking for :)  Hopefully everything gets approved as is!
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

nnywg

• My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
I always feel like the noise argument should be invalid when people have chosen to move literally right beside an active runway.  But oh well - the system we have is reasonable for all parties involved IMO.  Porta-potties would be nice.  The little bathroom in the airport terminal gets a workout for sure.

Sounds like the pressure will be on CSCC now to get their venue/dates nailed down for a full schedule. 

Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 10:11:39 PM »
I am coordinating with Chris (solo director) from the CSCC and he has some preliminary dates ... might be publishing shortly?  There are some conflicts with their dates and some SCCA events and even the Cdn. Nats but some times that cannot be helped ...

And, like you, some times I wonder about the motivations of some people ...  They may choose something ... anything ... as an excuse to attack you or whatever you are trying to do and that type of thing (complaining) seems to be getting worse in this day and age.  Sometimes it seems like society is unraveling ...

zero10

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 11:20:32 AM »
In an effort to keep a joint championship possible I think I avoided all of the proposed Fort Macleod dates, but I did schedule a couple events on days where I know there are major US events.  It was either overlap with them or have a shorter season than I would be happy with.  To help reduce the frustration with that decision I am considering running those as practice or alternate format events to mix things up a little.

I'm not yet ready to release a schedule because I am working on clarifying a few key points with Westerner Park and on deciding whether to keep one of the days that seems particularly troublesome.  Not counting that day I have 8 days at westerner on my preliminary schedule including one 2-day weekend.  Hopefully in the two weeks I'll have something final to put forward.
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »
Don't worry Reijo, we all love you.... strictly in a platonic way of course   ;D

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 09:44:41 PM »
haha...   :)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 08:55:13 PM »
The Fort Macleod Council is meeting tonight (Mon. Feb. 22) and making decisions regarding running at the Fort Macleod airport.  I did not hear anything thus far tonight but will likely know within a day or so whether our submitted schedule is accepted or not etc.  As soon as I hear back I will publish the complete schedule (all avoiding major US and Cdn. events as much as possible and particularly the ones nearest us that I knew about such as Spring Nats, Nats, Packwood, Cdn. Nats, Knox Mtn, etc.).  Note that there is quite a bit of work involved with setting the schedule ... so thanks to Chris!   It is not easy!   :)

Reijo

Terry Johns

• "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 10:35:31 AM »
Thanks for all the hard work you do Reijo
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 12:57:48 PM »
The SASC is in danger of losing the Fort Macleod airport.  The lady I spoke with said her gut feel is that the Town will not renew our rental.  Final word coming March 14.  We were told it is best to look elsewhere.  I am extremely disappointed ... details later when I have time.

R

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11453
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14